Register now to get rid of these ads!

you might be a hotrodder if....(humor)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rubberrodder, Sep 24, 2008.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

oh yea i forgot, we've been using one of my seats for a recliner for a while now, don't know what we will use when it goes back in.

2. restin&rustin

restin&rustin
    from illinois

you make sure the wedding photographer moves over so he can get the cars in the pic

Attached Files:

3. ...you have wedding pics of your Mom and Dad hanging in your house because they were riding in a '50 Ford coupe. ...you bought a car at the junkyard that you didn't need because it had a cool looking engine in it that you had never seen but might look good in a Hot Rod (AMC Rambler 327) ...you look under the hood of cars your not even interested in at the junkyard just in case (found a 303 Olds in a rusted out Jeepster) ...you've been trading cars and parts so long you realise your getting some of your own stuff back. ...you build a new shop and add your own burn out box. ...strangers you meet know where you live because of the old cars at you house. ...your afraid to sell any of your parts because you might need them some day.

4. beatcad

beatcad

this whole thread made me smile and some of it laugh out loud because i've done it.

but here's one for ya..
    sometimes when i buy/sell/trade parts i want the parts sent to my work address.
    my wife does'nt need to know i bought more junk; does she?

5. 35ratbstr

35ratbstr
    from Colorado

......you have a rod and piston out of your blowd-up flatty next to your key board while you on the HAMB.............

Oh dont forget the Miller HIghlife!:D

6. Lstude

Lstude

38 Chevy

7. Lstude

Lstude

When your towel bar is a 56 Ford trim.

[​IMG]

8. Florian

Florian

..you´ve got a reserved parking area at the junk yard and at the metal supply.

(still working on that one :D)

haha please give me more of those!

9. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

Do you work for Boeing...?!

10. if-- you get caught with hubcaps in the dishwasher again....

if-- your kids want to paint flames on the new lawn mower.

if-- everyone in the family owns an airbrush.

IF -- the kids are more excited about the Dremels they got for Christmas than they are about the video games.

11. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

That is freakin' cool!!

12. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

if your daily driver is 40 years old, and its too new for you

if you drive a 55 chevy to school, and you find it weird when you get bombed with questions such as "how old is that?" "is that a 1940 somethin?" "that must have been pretty expensive huh?"

if youve ever remembered the classroom numbers for your classes because the room numbers coincide with engine sizes. (that happened last year, 2 of my classrooms were 355, and 318)

if you see a bone stock car, and it just doesnt look right to you.

if you can look at a picture of one area of a car, and accurately guess the year, make, and model of that car

if you think people are weird for driving new cars

if your friends get scared when you show them the things in thier house that could be turned into a shiftknob, and they check your pockets before you leave

if you'd rather buy a pile of crap to build into something nice, rather than buy something nice, even though you had enough money to do either of the two

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  13. PoPo

PoPo

if you go home on your lunch hour from work, and work on your project cause a show is coming up and you just cant get enough time during the day...

Yup I was in uniform putting finishing touches on my truck, insulating interior, laying carpet, and so much more.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did that out the front of the barracks doing the engine change in my 38. Had the ambulance there with the radio turned up, had the DZ call me when a parachute sortie was taking off. Gave me time to get down to the DZ for the drop!
    Army, bring out your best...................:rolleyes:

Doc.

15. 19customline54

19customline54

if your ol' lady threatens to leave you because you'r more interested in reading through funny shit like this on the HAMB than taking her to lunch:D

no really... it's happened.

16. 19customline54

19customline54

...you go out of your way to make sure your car smokes, just a bit, simply to piss off the hippys over at the college behind your house.

...hehehe :D damn hippys!

17. long island vic

long island vic

if you buy a perfect hotrod and take it apart to change the motor, tranny, paint,interior , wheels and it sits for five years

18. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

when you cant remember anyones name but can idenify anybody by the car they drive
    i.e.: "hey booboo do you know jimmy stewart?''
    " no, doesnt ring a bell, wait, umm, hey is he the guy with the bitchin black 40 coupe?"
    "yes he is"
    "oh yea.... now i know who that is"

19. More than once!

20. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

a-man brother i do that too

21. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

you just might be a hotrodder if you got a garage full of parts that go to cars you have never, and probably never will own

22. 19customline54

19customline54

I remember what year my mom was born cause it's one year before my car was. HAH!

23. 61bone

61bone

If after you wash your hands you have to wash the soap

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

If you don't let your friends drive stock.