Register now to get rid of these ads!

you might be a hotrodder if....(humor)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rubberrodder, Sep 24, 2008.

1. TGrant

TGrant
    from Ohio

You sell a completed car to buy more tools and equipment to build another

Your goal in life is to someday compete at Bonneville

While walking through stores you notice a nice weld on a clothes rack or shopping cart (this is how I am able to stomach going to the mall, I make it my duty to inspect every weld I can find)

You would rather sit on a wobbly stool in the garage than a $2k chair in the living room

You are able to add to this list and understand everyone!!

Oh yeah last but not least, You make Hot Rodding your occupation because you love it so much

2. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

You like how an old car smells after it has been sitting for a while

You like how old Hot Rod mags smell

You have over a thousand unbuild model cars! or is that just me?

You annoy the crap out of your girlfriend while watching a movie and pointing out all the old cars!

People see junk, you see the Future!

And yes, Charles Nelson Reily Rules!

3. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

If I had a $2K chair in my living room, I'd sell it an buy a project. :eek:

4. 62rebel

62rebel

you don't have to ask who Falfa was either

if you're scanning channels and hit Two Lane Blacktop, Vanishing Point, Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry, and have to stop and watch the rest of it...

you sneak and wipe a tear at the end of Thunder Road...

you watched the new Indiana Jones movie because of the deuce in the opening sequence...

or you laughed your ass off at the car in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (what a crock of a flick)

5. you belong to a website where someone asked for ideas for a 50's style wedding, and we all are jealous

vacation plans always have the words "car show" in them

you sit on an old bench seat in your garage

you have at least one lamp made from auto parts

power steering is a new fangled idea

you think rust is a color scheme

the only other color scheme is primer

6. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

....when you can't sleep the night before going to a show with your buddies but cant wake up to go on vacation with your family.

7. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

the napa by me gave me my own set of books so i wouldnt have to wait so long for them to look stuff up.

8. JEPPA

JEPPA

Oh really? Give me some examples.:D

9. You can look at the sickest, trickest, most brilliantly fabricated mini-dragger EVER...and still think it's a piece of shit.

10. McDonalds asked you to please not use the drivethru, exhaust issues

Burger King asked you to please not use the drivethru, noise issues

Wendys asked you to please not use the drivethru, your car is not high enuff to reach the drive thru window

Playboy or Hot Rod?, Playboy or Hot Rod?, Playboy or Hot Rod?, HOT ROD!

you donated to the Don Garlits Museum

You donated your time, talents or money to some well deserving charity this year.

11. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

i love canadian tire for that!

12. The Hail Storm of the century hit and your wifes daily driver was parked outside of the garage getting the livin shit pounded out of because you Retarded Ass thought it was a great idea to fill the garage with Crankshafts that you got a screaming ass deal on and was going to make ass loads of cash on!!! And the most important part to this entire deal was your retarded ass didn't send the insurance premium off to the agent because that's the dough you used to buy the Crankshafts!!!! Thought it was a good idea at the time!! Hey does anybody need a CRANKSHAFT ??????? Help a brother out!! >>>>.

13. Racing slicks... wife's car got stolen off the street.
    Hey 5X...biya beer? LOL

14. Dude my favorite Juice is ROLLING ROCK BLAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH >>>>.

15. Guilty. it's usually followed up with an eyeroll and a sigh

16. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Your head contains plans, detailed right down to the cotter pin level, for at least 25 more roadsters than you could possibly build in your lifetime...and your basement contains piles of parts beginning the shopping list for 15 of them.
    You haven't purchased a pair of pants in any color lighter than dark brown since you were 12, because you know they'll be ruined by grease on the first wearing...
    You are as disdainful of synthetic fiber in clothes as a Yuppie...except that you care because of the horrible scars they leave when welding slag melts them into your hide...
    You wish you had time and money enough for EVERY gearhead hobby on the planet, so you could collect WWII fighters, steam locomotives, tanks, robots, machine guns, radio controlled models, antique toasters, and...

17. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

... the underside of the family Christmas tree looks like a swap meet on Christmas morning.

18. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

.... you can name where every part on your hot rod came from.

.... you drive a 29 model A roadster, but it is registered as a '78 camaro.

.... you bought a beat up caddy sombrero hubcap just to hang on the wall.

.... you have more non-running cars than you have running cars.

.... you give someone a half hour speech on why you dont want to paint your car, and they still dont get you.

.... you can see more black lines on the road in front of your house, than you can of the actual pavement.

.... you cant get a car out of your garage because it was such a good idea to finally take apart that engine you've had for 10 years right in front of the car.

.... people look at you like your from a different planet when you drive down the road.

.... when people ask you what you drive, and you tell them, they ask "why do you drive that?"

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  19. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

i do that all the time too!

20. daddio211

daddio211

You mention to co-workers that you went on a cruise and they say, "Which ship?"

You might be a rat-rodder if you watch your mirrors not for traffic, but for loose parts.

21. long island vic

long island vic

you haven,t bought new tires or batteries or headlites cause your pile of spares will last 20 years

22. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Hey now, you talkin bout me?

23. pjet9242

pjet9242
    from michigan

your tool box is your back pocket and the "change" in your front pocket is accually nuts, bolts and washers!

24. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

You have this conversation:

Realtor: What are you looking for in a house?
    You: At least a 4-6 car garage.
    Realtor: Bedrooms?
    You: Ya, some of them too.

25. MBog

MBog

Get outta my head
    How bout buying a 53 GMC of questionable reliability and taking off on a 1000 mile round trip, just cuz, no guages or speedo armed with a credit card and a cooler..........didn't use the card

26. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

When all your pets are named after cars.
    Shelby, maverick, etc
    When your wife hands you 10 to 20 nuts and bolts from the washer catch.
    When you wife complains about you being a pack rat BUT when building the engine for her car you tell her look over under the piles of part in the third drawer down ..there is rather expensive power stering bracket she will need. Then have her price it from a catalog.
    When your out riding motorcycles with your wife. She gets a flat tire. You go for help and find a 36 Ford P/u for sale.
    Knowing that she is conforming....She asks if how much work it needs and when can we buy it.;)

27. axle

axle
    from Drag City

You wake up at 5:00 in the morning and ask yourself "where F%$#@! am I" , then realize you fell asleep under your car ! Happened to me twice !

28. Demo Derby X-100

Demo Derby X-100

Amen brother. Case in point - my girlfriend's family album:

What kind of car is that?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. aldixie

aldixie

Your watching a movie with beach babes in bikinis playing volleyball and you notice the Model A rpu 600 yards in the background. Yep my wife thought it was funny too.

30. 36 Chevy?