Register now to get rid of these ads!

You know you're getting old when...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Mar 14, 2013.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Heck if I know. We met a couple who both had them and swore they helped (and they weren't even selling them). I looked online and many of the reviews are favorable but I don't trust them like I trust fellow gear heads.

Sounds a bit like the fuel line magnets..

loudbang likes this.
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

....you're watching "Kill Bill: Vol. II" and no one around you recognizes Sonny Chiba playing Hattori Hanzo. Seriously?

3. loudbang

loudbang

LOL I don't think it will be a problem since MRIs are about the most powerful magnetic field most of us get into willingly and the one thing they DON'T cause is blood clots.

4. You gotta go to see the Doc for hemeroids. Did that today...
    You don't wanna know the details, but ferk it hurts!

Rui likes this.
  5. Heck, I subscribe to almost all the prorrogatives on the initial post and I'm 36.
    Those are just things that come and go. Somedays you feel better than others.
    And it also depends on what you HAVE to do on the cars.
    If its urgent you'll do it for sure.
    I dont have bumps on my a%$ tough...

6. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

There are parts of getting old that I also don't care for like something called the "Sun Downing Effect" which is when between the hours of 5PM and later you start to loose your cool with people and say things without thinking first??

I never heard the term "Sun Downing" before my daughter brought it to my attention and now it kind of scary because I realize I may be doing it.

Check it out for yourself. Jimbo

7. I'm 3 weeks into the '59 Ford and working on it at least 3 evenings a week plus time on the weekends. I'm in the gym as well, doing pretty well except for the T9 back injury. Slap on a pain patch every 3 days, take my oxy when I need it and I'm good to go. Aleve.. I may as well as take a Tic-Tac for pain.

I also lay on cardboard or a 1/2 sheet of masonite peg board (holes let the fluids run through, blood or car stuff...). I'm taking a joint supplement too and a Rx for arthritis, so I'm moving around a lot easier.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Dangerous Dan

Dangerous Dan

New government study says that people who have the most number birthdays live the longest?

9. After 5:00, hell I start the day grumpy, at least until the drugs kick in. The opiates, vicodin, oxy, etc. depress me so bad I want to off myself, so those are off limits. I have realized that the more I want to do something, the better the chances that I will feel like doing it! I do have my arthritis pretty well under control now, maybe get slammed once or twice a month for a day or two.

10. Getting old is -- Having a 1 ton electric overhead lift on a track installed in your garage, not for pulling engines, but for pulling yourself up off the floor.

But getting to be an old fart does have its advantages, like getting the senior discounts when you go to have coffee or a meal. And the ability to clear a room of those annoying young kids with a few well timed old guy farts.

11. I doubt you have that. It goes with alzheimers and age-related dementia. My step mother had it, her witching hour was around 7-8 pm on any given Friday or Saturday night. We'd get these calls that she was taken to the ER for some vague reason. It seems that when the sun goes down, their body-clock gets out of whack. But there are ways to live with it.

12. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

One weird aspect that I have noticed is that when I was younger, I asked my elders how to fix things, mainly mechanical. Now with all of the electronics around, I have to ask my kid or my little nephews "How the Hell does this thing work?" .Sometimes, it's a bitch being a vacuum tube guy in today's world.

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haaa!!-----At 82-----I agree with all of you!!!!!!!

14. Model T1

Model T1

Yep!

What was the question ?

15. I still like the peace of my garage. :cool:Sometimes I reward myself and just sit back and watch the TV (in the garage) and have a cold one (from the fridge in the garage).:cool: And just take a break.:) Then I have to pee so I do so in my garage bathroom.:p And yes I have 14' ceilings and a lift.:rolleyes: After all that I go back to work and try and remember WTF I was doing!:confused:

ford29 likes this.
  16. roundvalley

roundvalley

You know your getting old when you wake up in the morning with your nose in your wifes armpit and you are afraid to open your eyes.

bobss396 likes this.
  17. I've noticed they have started playing songs that I remember when they were new on the classic rock station.

18. bobjob55

bobjob55

Jump up at 5:30 a.m. ... check weather ,,, not too warm OR too cold .... check to make sure you have your pocket magnet ,,, by now ,,it's 6:00 a.m. ...outside ,, get to work on the TOYS ... cuss like a drunk sailor ... moan & groan every time you go from under the car to get another part out of the trunk..... huff & puff ,,,groan & moan ,, getting way back down to the floor ..finally ,,, done for the day at 9:30 a.m. spend the rest of the day playing on computer ,, watching TV...and taking 2-4 naps thru the day waiting for wife to make dinner ....

drive em like ya stole em

19. Pain = alive
    No pain = dead
    Just hack on yer ride

20. loudbang

loudbang

LOL that made my old self laugh out loud and got slime on my keyboard.

bobss396 likes this.
  21. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I resemble these remarks.........a lot. At least I did put a lift in my shop when I built it 7 or 8 years ago. I sure am thankful for that decision. It doesn't completely eliminate the need for a creeper but it sure does reduce it. And yes, bifocal glasses are a real pain in the ass. Fortunately, I'm nearsighted and lots of times, I can just take off the glasses and put on safety glasses for close up work. That works ok until I want to see what time it is on the clock across the shop. :)

22. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Bobss396: Your comment was the following,

I doubt you have that. It goes with alzheimers and age-related dementia. My step mother had it, her witching hour was around 7-8 pm on any given Friday or Saturday night. We'd get these calls that she was taken to the ER for some vague reason. It seems that when the sun goes down, their body-clock gets out of whack. But there are ways to live with it.

In the case of my mother in law I try not to engage her in conversations after the witching hours and we also try to let her sit and just watch her baseball games. When we have to many people all talking at the same time it gets a little crazy!! I am 67 and when the grand kids are here sometimes I have problems and lose it over little things and to me that really is something I am working on trying correct.

Hoping this is not a sign of things to come!!

Jimbo

23. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Mark: Your shop sounds like you have put a great deal of thought in the layout and having all the bells and whistles.

When I build the house I have now I also wanted to put a bathroom in the garage but my wife thought it was a waste since the other bathrooms are so close to the garage.

I have a friend and customer who lives in GA. that just build a 10,000 sf garage for his car collection and the inside of his new garage also has everything anyone could ever dream of inside a garage including a commercial spray booth.

The largest garage I have ever been in was built right next to a friends home which was 18.000 sf of living space and the detached garage was 23.800sf of climate control and completely finished off space. He had 150 cars and about 30 old motorcycles inside of it along with his Prevost Motor Home.

Hope your doing well and keeping busy. Jimbo

24. I think you're okay, just got too much going on at times. I'm close to 60 and I definitely have too much going on all the time. I used to write down my to-do list years ago, I'm getting back to that now with my '59 Ford build. I have to schedule in mundane activities like doing my wash or going food shopping.

25. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I sure could have used one of those shop bathrooms when I read this! Now I have to do laundry and get an air freshener!

26. pumpman

pumpman

I just sprayed coffee all over my screen, that is just funny as hell. Thanks for the laugh man.

27. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

You can tell you're geting old when the posted speed limit starts to feel about right.

28. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'll be 62 Dec. 14th....I used to work all day in my Sign Shop and work on a Race car so we could go race that Fri or Sat night...If I had a new chassis or body, I would work endless hours to get it ready so everyone could see it...now, there a work in progress and people want to see it, they can come by the shop or I'll email them a picture....I do what I can but it still hurts most of the time...legs and shoulders hurt mostly.....I was thinking the other day about my creeper.....it needs a parking brake so you can get off the thing.....it's like having skateboards hooked to your hands.....I'm really more mellow now than ever in my life...love on my grand kids as much as possible, eat ribs with my racing friends every Fri. at 11 am...drink coffee with my brothers and neighbors most every morning from 8-9 am....always try to call or go see an old friend every week....and tell my Family and Friends I love them every time I see them.........I just wish one week I could get the grass cut...get it weed eated...trash from shop all dumped and get the shop cleaned up.......but it just never happens anymore......I was thinking where could I find the time and I thought....I've been on here and hour and now I'm writing this long letter about getting old........what I really need to do is get off my BUTT and go do something.............later

29. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yer only 10 years behind me!!----& don't forget your gas cap!

30. ++++when you folks in your 60s are youngsters!!

Ben