Register now to get rid of these ads!

You guys are not going to believe this !!!

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by ScottV, Nov 19, 2009.

1. ScottV

ScottV

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Hi Scott I noticed that nobody came on to here to ask questions, like did you have any parts still in there? Do you think nobody wants to assosiate with you right not for fear of being investigated? I hope you come out of this Ok. and with your belongings.

3. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

What all did ya lose Scott?

4. 348chevy

348chevy

As sad as this is, if you have been paying your taxes I would think you are all right. They might go over your back income tax records but I think if you just chaulk up the loss and go on you will be okay. The IRS tries to get as many assets as they can to pay off the taxes and they are not to worried if they are somebody else's. It would be a word to the wise to keep all our papers on our toys just to prove that they are ours. Most of these dragsters, engines and equipment are bought with no paperwork. :( Roy

5. ThingyM

ThingyM

I had some what the same kind of experiance years ago.. It was stuff that I had in a friend of mines Shop/Garage...I fought with the IRS for about a month, Finally got my things back.. Don't just give it up.. Tell them you want it back.Then go for it...Dick M

6. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

ScottV
    1. Save all your posts to this forum as they might come in handy in your quest to get your car back.
    2. Talk to the people you bought parts from. A written statment form them would be a help in getting your stuff back. Has anyone helped you pick up or bring parts to that location? If so they can be a help in the proof of ownership.
    3. Do you have any pictures of the construction of the car that include you in them. They could be used to help prove ownership.
    4. MOST IMPORTAMT. Be cool and work with the Feds.

That said, I understand how you feel. You have worked hard to build something we admire and you are proud of, don't give up. I'm sure all of us on this forum want this to come to a conclusion in your favor real soon.

7. bobw

bobw

Scott, I sure hope you can recover your stuff and get that car built.

8. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Of course nothing our government does "for us" works this fast but .......

any updates? (Paranoid minds want to know. :D)

9. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

Wow, Scott, that seems more like a California story, all kinds of illegal search/seizure stuff is going on here, shady warrants and fabricated 'federal hunches', here it's mostly just with the tax payers and legal firearms owners, though.

Sorry to hear you got tangled up in the aftermath of someone else's issues! Let us know how it goes, I wish there was something I could do but...I got no dukes.

10. ScottV

ScottV

11. ThingyM

ThingyM

Scott.. Keep banging on that guys ear about what is yours, And be sure to tell him that you want YOUR stuff back..It's pretty sad how the Goverment can just take things even if it doesn't belong to the person that owes the $$$$..That would be like me walking into my next door neighbors house and take their $500.00 TV, because you owe me $10.00.. Except they can get away with it......

12. ScottV

ScottV

13. nexxussian

nexxussian

Good luck, hope it turns out well for you and you get your stuff back in a timely manner.

14. ScottV

ScottV

15. 348chevy

348chevy

Scott I wish you well and it seems as though you have a good guy in your corner. I have an acquaintance who had a high paying job and went to prison for mail fraud. She was like the people on cops protested that she was set up by the company she worked for. Maybe but the prisons are full of people that are innocent. I would not like to be a cop and have to make those decisions. I remember when I was kid and I did something that I was going to get a whipping for the first words out of my mouth was " it wasn't me". :)Roy

16. Toner283

Toner283

In my experience most cops get to have a finely tuned bullshit detector. if they sense that you are trying to pull a fast one they will not cut you any slack at all. However, most will also deal with you fairly as long as you are honest & straight up with them, especially if you are just an innocent bystander caught up in the mess as you are. Good luck with this & like a couple of guys have said, stay on them so that they don't "forget" that you want your stuff back.

17. ScottV

ScottV

18. one suggestion I have would be to engrave your name and/or drivers license number onto anything that goes to some one elses shop. DO NOT USE YOUR S.S. NUMBER!!!!! Your D.L. is a matter of public record. However, your S.S. number is not available without a reason and possibly a warrant. EVERY tool I took to work with me has my name on it, and my D.L. is etched into the box they are in.

19. ScottV

ScottV

As if things weren't sucky enough ... I had a guy run me into a wall today in my JeeP !!!

20. 348chevy

348chevy

If you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't any luck at all.:(Roy

21. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Scott.......please cancel any ideas you might have had about skydiving.:p

Really hope things get better for you.

22. ScottV

ScottV

23. ThingyM

ThingyM

Scott,, Stick with the oiriginal theme..Glad you are able to get going again.. Come on out here and go Sky diving. The weather is great.. But you might have to wear a long sleeve shirt....

24. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Hey Scott, I vote to keep the name and concept of 6 A-Peel, has a nice ring to it.

As for the skydiving...I never could see any reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Perhaps it is because I flew one for 23 years. Got my pilots license in '85 and we got our '46 Aeronca in '86. Sold her this year for combined health and financial reasons, but have some wonderful memories of our time together.

[​IMG]

The "Wild Hare" was a big part of our lives and we restored her from the bare tubing to finished over three years and two months. Earned my A&P from that and gained a lot of skills and sharpened others in the process.

25. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

I'd also vote for Six A-Peel. I think of it as "Six" holes with the hides all "A-Peel". Hell, a good name should have several interpretations, right? :cool:

......... and if you can manage it, you should at least hang a bare block in'er for a show of any kind. Really gets the point accross that way. :D

26. ScottV,
    You could rename it "tax-dodge" if it was Chrysler powered. On a more seriouse note, how about an update?

27. ScottV

ScottV

28. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

that sucks dude. Yay for the government...

29. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

i belive it you ought to get audited by them

30. Make sure you claim your loss on your taxes!!!!