Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects You got to start somewhere!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Tooth, Nov 18, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    48.2%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Other

18 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. 31

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  5. 32

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

I am going to put a transverse Ford spring on mine with dropped axle too. It's a better way to go, decided to make a street/ race car! Picked up a PONTIAC/OLDS REAR END! Going 4 link rear with coil overs.
    Thanks for the measurements, the 9.3 has 35-spline strange axles and spool with 4:10 gears and new drum brakes. How wide is the rear end on yours from drum to drum? Mine is currently 60"
    Thanks for the info and I preciate it.

Attached Files:

Torkwrench and loudbang like this.
  2. JJK

JJK

ISSA coupe

loudbang and Tooth like this.
  3. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

Went and saw Ralph in Red Bud Illinois yesterday and took Saltflats with me, and picked up some top end parts for my 31 Chevy coupe build. Committed to a 409 in the hot rod now.
    Picked up a set of aluminum Walla heads and a custom aluminum Intake 2-4's . Mr. 409 (RALPH) has quite a collection of cars and parts. Here's some of his collection and I will post pictures of the heads later tonight. And remember to burn a tire!;)

Attached Files:

4. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Tooth,
    What is the deal with the tail end of that '63 Biscayne? It's looks like a combination of a lot of things familiar but definitely not stock!

loudbang likes this.
  5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

bel air trim added to 63

loudbang likes this.
  6. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

I'm not sure, he said it was originally a 6-cylinder car that he turned into a 409 4 speed car. The only thing he really mentioned about it was the paint was original paint. That's all I really know about it and it's a very clean and straight. I was a little distracted because I was thinking about those heads sitting over there on the table right next to it with that intake. LOL and I managed to talk him out of them and bring them home!;)

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  7. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great score on the heads! As for the car it certainly looks to me like that is a '62 trunk with the emblems switched around.

loudbang likes this.
  8. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now I'm really confused. Pics below are the ass end of my '62 and a stock '63
    IMG_3984.JPG

13373468-1963-chevrolet-bel-air-srcset-xl.jpg

loudbang and biggeorge like this.
  9. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like a 64 to me

loudbang likes this.
  10. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are right 427, my bad.

loudbang likes this.
  11. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

yes it is a 64 . had to look a couple of times. wrong angles

loudbang likes this.
  12. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

It's been a busy two days, here are the pics of the Bob Walla heads I picked up from Ralph in Red Bud Illinois Sunday. I believe he told me these were the second set of heads that Bob made and he bought them about 10 years ago. They look really good but as you can see in the pics the intake guides extend too far down in the bowls. Buddy of mine has a tool to cut the guides back up to the edge of the aluminum in the bowl and that will make the intake flow much better. Other than that I just have to have the Springs tested, but I'm not really sure what I'm going to run for a Cam yet. The Springs right now are set up for a 750 lift solid roller. He could not tell me the installed height or the seat pressure. They might even possibly be dead but they haven't been compressed for a long time, just sitting. I will probably run a solid roller also but not sure of the specs yet. There's a number on the end of the head that has a 20-11 and I want to try to call Walla heads and see what that means. I'm thinking that maybe the number means 11 out of 20 pairs? The intake has a plate bolted to it for 2-4 s. The nice thing is I can use the mill and make me a new plate and put a belt driven air breather on it. LOL down the road... They look almost like they're brand new!

Attached Files:

loudbang and biggeorge like this.
  13. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

howdy, found this listing in Lincoln Nebraska might be some useful parts.
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/glenwood-1931-chevy-sedan-2-door/6864307590.html

loudbang likes this.
  14. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

Matt there is a 31 Chevy 2 door sedan in Lincoln Nebraska for sale for around $6,000 didn't know if you might need it for parts. Here's the link
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/d/glenwood-1931-chevy-sedan-2-door/6864307590.html

loudbang likes this.