Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest You Asked for IT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jim Huseby, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Jim Huseby

Jim Huseby

Does anyone remember an episode of the TV show, "You Asked for It", that featured a '55 Oldsmobile 2dr that circled a frozen lake to build up speed then smashed head-on into a 6 or 8 foot cube of ice. The stunt was for the car to shatter the ice cube without losing momentum or injuring the driver. I can remember it quite clearly, the ice cube didn't budge, the Olds was horribly smashed, I think the driver was killed, and I can remember the wonderful sound recording of the Rocket engine still at full throttle spinning the rear tires after the impact.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. i don't remember it, but that sure was a dumb thing for them to do. that block of ice probably weighted over 3000 lbs

chryslerfan55 and Flathead Dave like this.
  3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That show name sounds familiar, but I haven't watched much TV in the last 35 years.

4. williebill

williebill

Just googled it, gonna have to go back and watch a few online. Ran from 1950-1959.

5. It was more like 65 years ago. :confused:
    I remember the show but not that episode.

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.
  6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great old show from early TV..in So Cal were lucky to have 7 channels. 3 national and 4 local....saw great s--t on local back then i.e.: roller derby, wrestling, boxing, jalopy car racing, etc

Flathead Dave likes this.
  7. dan31

dan31

I'd love to see that ,if someone finds it please post it up.

8. Jim Huseby

Jim Huseby

I've tried to find it by googling for it. Does anyone know of a way to find it? I still remember the wonderful sound the Rocket V8 made circling on the frozen lake and after the impact when it was still working hard.

9. toml24

toml24

I remember that show from the early 1960's during my youth. For me the great highlight of each season was a small Cessna or Piper Cub plane landing on the specially designed platform that attached to the roof of a small car that was speeding down a runway. As a very young kid that was about the most amazing thing to see on TV.

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

[​IMG]
    upload_2018-8-6_19-5-57.png
    Best I could find on-line, Art BARKER was the host