Register now to get rid of these ads!

YOM PLATES IN WISCONSIN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nugget32, Jun 30, 2021.

1. nugget32

nugget32

My 32 ford is registered as a Hobbyist plate in Wisconsin. Can I run Year of manufacturer original plates on it.

2. Sure, but if the cops get mad, tell them somebody else told you it was ok :D i don't know Wisconsin laws.

3. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Wisconsin does not have a provision for YOM plates.
    If you run a YOM plate I would think that it would be a good reason for “The Law” to pull you over and take a closer look at your ride.
    My personal opinion is the the Wisconsin Hobbyist plate is about the ugliest color combination they could think of. I know I will never have on on my car.

4. Call the Wisconsin DMV and get the real answer. Yes, no, maybe, "someone else told me I could". Any of which could get you a ticket, car impounded, points on your drivers license, insurance increases. Yea. Better call the Wisconsin DMV.

LOU WELLS and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. I thought those Wisconsin hobbiest plates carry the Packer colors?

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ROFLMFAO.jpg

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For the life of me I can never why the hell guys who build their car to look like it was made into a hot rod or custom in the late 40's. 50's or early 60's wants plates from the day that the car rolled out of the factory.
    That said I can full and well see it on a 100% totally restored to absolutely original car. Then you are stating that it is exactly as it rolled out of the dealer showroom the day it was first sold.

8. Squablow

Squablow

You can in Wisconsin if your car is registered with a collector or antique plate but not with hobbyist plates. And you have to carry the collector/antique plates with you and they also stipulate that this is for display or to/from a show, which I don't know how they'd police that unless a cop saw you taking your car back and forth to work with the old plate on it.

9. I like the color scheme on my '47 plate better than the current design.... Plus it helps inform the unwashed what year my car is.

10. yom plates are ok as long as you are going to or from a show. they are not for regular use. i had them on all my antique motorcycles. i never got pulled over.