Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yikes!!!! some people are just too stupid to build hot rods pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weasel, Jun 3, 2011.

1. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I agree. Header pipe looks too close for comfort and safety. Plus: For common commercial grades of medium- and high-density polyethylene the melting point is typically in the range 120 to 130 °C (248 to 266 °F). The melting point for average, commercial, low-density polyethylene is typically 105 to 115 °C (221 to 239 °F). If that car ever ruptures a fuel tank, it's all over.

2. Kinky6

Kinky6

Man, I hope thing steering link breaks off before he can get it out of his driveway! Just Wow! :eek:

3. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

These are good reasons we should!

4. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Ahh come on that steering setup ain't that bad. He used a jamb nut and everything!

5. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

At least the welds look good !:D

6. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

7. There is a guy in Havasu that did that too. I refuse to drive anywhere near that car.

8. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

I laugh when I think of the builder standing back, admiring their work and thinking, "that fucker looks goooooddddd". Exchanging a high five with his equally dunken buddy.

I bet all 3 were impressed with their hand-work. Too bad their mom's refrigerator isn't big enogh to hang this crap on with a big magnet to show off to their friends.

SPark

9. rod rialto

rod rialto
    from rialto, ca

I don't think that wrench is the right size for that nut on the steering link

10. TxRat

TxRat

there's a guy on here rebuilding a A sedan for his Daughter (I think) and that car was scary when he bought it. I cant find the thread but man the P.O. butchered that poor car. If someone has the thread saved can you post it here. Poor guy has his hands full but from what I had seen He was doing a good job of fixing it...

11. keithreid

keithreid

Might have them in some places, but not everywhere.
    I live in Alabama, and all you have to do is show up with a clear title and proof of insurance and you can get a tag. No emissions checks, either.
    Hell, if the vehicle was made before 1975, they won't even issue a title. All you need is a bill of sale and handwritten is fine.
    They didn't have a title law before 1975 so they won't go back and issue a title for a car made before that, even if the car came from another state and had a title previously.

inspections on older cars would be interesting. When I was stationed in Japan, I worked part time at the base garage and we did the (required) annual safety inspections. One of the Japanese mechanics that worked there asked me for help on one of them one day, it was on an early 60's ford car. He was going to fail it because the wipers were too slow (vacuum motor) and he couldn't get the rear wheels off to check the brake pads. I got in and gave it a little gas to show him the wipers were fine, then showed him how to take the skirts off the rear to get the tires off. Couldn't really blame him for not knowing, I don't think he'd ever seen anything like that before.

haven't seen any pic's of bailing wire yet, it's amazing what some folks think "safe" is.

y'all have a good day, Keith

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  12. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

Not close? The header is ON the tank on the left!

13. Totally safe as long as you keep enough fuel in the tanks to keep it cool.

14. Judd

Judd

Dang Muttley thanks I was wondering how I was going to get another couple of inches hight on the Comets front! I'm running out and swaping my axle around right now! LOL?????

15. Just as long as there is some anti-sieze on the threads, I dont see a problem.

16. williebill

williebill

I LIKE this kind of thread..makes my shitty work look a lot better

17. greg

greg

OK, I gatta ask, Whats wrong with a Fram filter.
    Since that is what I use, do I need to know something??

18. v8 garage

v8 garage

Just go to some oil filter comparisons on the web. There are lots of them. Fram comes in dead last most of the time.
    V/8

19. TxRat

TxRat

Hell, just do a HAMB search for FRAM, sit back and read....

20. yardgoat

yardgoat

I was thinking mobil home axel spring and hangers........lol..............YG

21. I'd feel safer with a blown Hemi powering a aluminum boat trailer.

22. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Obviously not. :rolleyes:

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

they are trailer springs. The local ag welding/machine stocks them and the hangers and shackles. they get used on hop trailers here locally to haul the hops when they pick them. Yep, those hops. Those springs are so stiff that thing probably rides like the axle was solid mounted. Some scary stuff there.

24. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

You say HOT ROD ?

I See Plastic gas tanks. Steelbraided hose & an Automatic Trans......

That CAN'T be a HOT ROD :cool:

25. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Their should be a 50 question test that has to be taken before some people are allowed to build a car!

26. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Here in Missouri we have annual saftey inspections, but now you can get 2 year tags so you only have to have your car saftey inspected every 2 years. When I lived in Ill they only had emmissions inspections, they never once looked at any drivetrain part at all, they didn't care if it was safe.

27. Got this one off the Hub Garage:
    [​IMG]

"Everyone knows you can't put a 30 amp screw in a 10 amp nail slot!"

28. Master of None

Master of None

I've got to go do Fire dept duties for the local race track tonight. Its the first figure 8 race of the year, you want to see some scary "fixes" and engineering, you should see these cars. If I knew my camera wouldn't get messed up I'd take some pictures.

29. Still better than anything Lucas.

30. 6berry

6berry

wow that is one retarded setup... he didnt even use a snap-on wrench:rolleyes: