Register now to get rid of these ads!

yet one more "whats it worth? thread"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearhead Graphics, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Sorry to be the bearer of yet another, but I've done some looking and cant really see a value for this thing.
    I've got this very complete 41 ford 2door sedan, body is OK, pretty straight except for underside of rear fenders and grille, rockers and trunk floor are very rusty. Interior is almost all there, Flatty is complete but stuck.

Since getting it I've had a few people ask to buy it, they wont put out the first number (understandably so) So im trying to get an idea on market value. Had planned to keep it but offers of $$ are enticing and i've got too many projects as is...

[​IMG]

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/gearehead/41 ford/

2. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Looks pretty solid......I'd say 5 g's would be a good price.....

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

4. hipkatgreaser

hipkatgreaser

What about I trade you a couple space heaters and a tricycle missing a front wheel for it. Haha

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

nah nick, i got enough space heaters, and youre stuck with that trike now!

I guess I'll throw a number at them and see what happens.

6. Squablow

Squablow

Wow, $5K, I would have guessed way less. If it was a coupe maybe, but a 2 door sedan that's rusty with engine stuck, does it have a title? I would think more like $1500. There was a '40 2 door sedan on Craigslist around here in at least as nice of shape, if not better, that went for $3500, and the 40's seem to go for twice what a comperable '41 goes for.

I could be wrong, but those numbers sound high to me.

7. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

$5k does sound like a lot for a rusty POS. There was running, driving, flatty powered 1941-48 Ford two door sedan with "California rust" on the local Craigslist in the last month for $2300.

8. Fenders

Fenders

Aside from the fact that I don't understand that the buyers wont put out an offer, but offers of $$ are enticing....

I agree that it's up to the seller to set a price...

So what did it cost you? and how greedy are you? If you get your money back, or even 150% of your money back... why can't you set a price?

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Denver's a mile high...

10. Ghost28

Ghost28

With title around $2,500.00 would be a fair selling price. Start high and let the haggle begin. good luck

11. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

$2,500 at the most.. 41 Sedans are hard as hell to sell. Its a miracle we sold ours :eek:

12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Guy wanted to trade for a super rough truck project, so for now I'm keeping the ford to build myself ... someday...

13. A Rodder

A Rodder

If its not listed for sale, why does he need to set the price.

If they really want it they'll throw the first number.

On the other hand, I hate seeing something with a for sale sign that says make offer without even a starting price.

14. The overly optomistic book says between $2400 and $4000, depends on if you grade it a #5 or a #4. Probably closer to "complete car in need of total restoration" though.

15. teejay99

teejay99

he's talking about lots of rust and a " stuck motor " ....sounds like a ton of work ahead ......can't see more than 2k.

16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Oh yeah, just sit there and wait for a potential buyer with a "BUY IT NOW" attitude.
    "I'll give you 5K, unless you want more..."

That is a $1500 car, IF someone has a fresh SBC to slip in there and is willing to tackle LOTS of rust issues.

I love '41s, and the Tudor is a favorite. But a stuck flatmotor and rust make it a buyer's deal.

17. I think '41s are way under rated. Throw a coat of primer on it and it should go for $3500-$4k, or at least it would around here.

18. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's a complete 41 buisness cpe locally with vey little rust but somewhat apart. Asking $5K and still has it. I guess a tudor is worth more? Not...