Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yet another title question(s)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thrashingcows, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Now I have spent the better part of 3 days searching and reading through all the info I could find on titles and such in the archives of the mighty HAMB. But I have been unable to find answers to my specific questions.

Here I go...I'm looking at a project car from another HAMB'er down in Southern Cali. Now the car doesn't have a title but will come with a Cali bill of sale. Now the problem lies with the fact that I live in Canada and need a current title to bring the car across and then be able to register it in BC Canada.

So have any HAMB'ers out there from the great white north gone through something similar? Anyone used a titling service first and then brought the car across the border? How would I go about this?

I can still ge the car across without a title, as a parts car, and then apply for a "New" VIN# when I get the car done...years down the road. But in the meantime I won't be able to have any kind of storage or insurance on the car because it is not titled or registered.

Any and all advice will be much appreciated.:)

2. I would honestly try to get the owner of the car to apply for a title before you pick it up...

3. roughneck424

roughneck424

Yep, get the owner to get a title!!

4. kenagain

kenagain
    from so cal

I bought a car in canada without a title just a bill of sale and had it delivered to seattle had to pay someone to get it across plus shipping but it was not a problem.It is easy to get a title in cantaffordya with using a registration outfit instead of DMV. used one by my house for $30 bucks they came over checked the numbers n did paperwork for a title, came in the mail like 3 weeks later

5. Wish it was that easy up here in Canada....I've brought up a couple vehicles from the USA to Canada and the paper work required to register them in BC Canada is just unbelievable....guess that's what you get with a Gov't run insurance corporation....:(

Anyone one else?