Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yet another newbie from Illinois...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Homespun91, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Good evening to all (depending on yer time zone),

I've lurked here off & on for several years without posting, mostly because most of my junk was a liitle new to be considered a good fit. However, the knowledge & experience here has always been great, especially concerning suspensions. As I have had my current '55 F100 for a couple of years now, & am starting a '32 roadster, I figured I might finally qualify. :rolleyes:

I've been working on cars since I was a kid in the mid '70s, mostly of the '50s through '70s vintage. I much prefer engine & trans work to bodywork, don't use anything on a vehicle unless it has a purpose other than just looking pretty, am allergic to billet anything, & tend to lean towards straight axles as opposed to IFS. My background is drag racing (the whole circle track left turn thing at the end of the straightaway confuses me :D ), & I used to run a Hemi Challenger in NHRA A/SA years ago, along with a ton of bracket racing. Did Modified tractor pulling for awhile too, as apparently I had piles of excess cash to get rid of, with no chance of ever getting it back.

The '32 will have original rails, chromed hairpins & a dropped/drilled I-beam, Buick front brakes, and, probably, a Y block, although I may use a 430 MEL, if I can find the right one at a good price. Primer: black. Finances will probably rule out a steel body, unless I sell a kidney or something.

Think that covers it...fire away with the F.I.P & F.I.B. jokes. Mike Greer

2. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Welcome to the HAMB Mike...post some pics of the truck and the project! Now I know what a FIB is, but what the hell is a FIP?

Bill

3. Bill,

FIP = effin' Illinois prick! (Explanation for the other 44 states: Since all border state citizens, such as Indiana natives, for example, automatically assume all Illinois residents live in Chicago & are therefore Chicago jerks, rightly or wrongly. F.I.B & F.I.P are common friendly greetings shouted at you when you drive through, say, Gary, Indiana. :D )

The '32 is just a pile of chassis parts at the moment. The truck needs some different wheels, whenever I get around to changing the rear axle & adding front discs & thereby changing the bolt pattern.

Attached Files:

4. silent rick

silent rick

GREETINGS from gary indiana, well almost.