Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yet another New Guy, with Model A Pickup

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 88lowrider, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Howdy all.
    Well, I have been directed to this forum as I was told by others that folks here are pretty helpful.

I have a 29 Model A pickup I just scored and now going to gather information to help me in the direction I want to go with this.
    My avatar is pretty much what I want the outcome to be so I will figure out how to run the board, do searches before I ask a question that has been asked too many times.

This will be I think or what USED to be called a Street Rod.
    Not all the chrome and steel billet richy rich stuff. Its a "Street Rod, not a Hot Rod Show Car.
    NMTQ which to me stands for No More Trailer Queens. Been there done that too many times and lost my shirt so to speak.

I will figure out how to post pictures in an area that folks can go take a peek at and see what I have to start with.
    I am also dragging more and more home every night that I am taking pictures and Inventory on.

Right now most of the body panels will be replaced "Once I have it Mechanically Sound and Running" but for now, I am missing the rear fenders, running boards and splash aprons.

I am pretty sure its a 29 (due to the tag found on the truck) and a good hot rodder friend thinks the frame running gear is from a 40 ford by looking at my crappy pictures.

I also have a fresh 1958 283 V8 that I am kind of thinking of putting in a GM 700R transmission just to have the cruising speeds. ( need to go at least 70mph)

I have other rigs that Go Fast but this is just going to be a Cruiser.

If anyone has some ideas, mistakes not to make or some really sweet interchange parts ideas, bring them on Please..

Thanks for taking the time to read all this.

HJ

2. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

The truck in your avatar is still a street rod. Not my taste but all for your idea of setting up the Model A as a driver. There is a place down the road from me that has any Model A part imaginable including sources for used if need be. If I remember right their website is www.brattons.com. Good luck with it and welcome from MD.

3. Thanks RC.
    I will go check out that site.

Just turned on the Notification, duh.....:rolleyes:

Attached Files: