Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yet another Aussie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TJ's Dad, Feb 27, 2005.

1. TJ's Dad

TJ's Dad
    from Australia

G'Day all ... Yep another Aussie looking for a new home ...

My nic came about cos my teenage son (TJ) advised us he needed a home puter for scholastic endeavours !! yeahh right .. immediately installed he proceeded to join Rod sites and therin began a new one fingered life for me.

I've been playin cars for more years than i care to remember .. started out with a Fiat Toppolino powered by an Austin A30 motor .. did i say powered ?? well i did pass a car once .. so wot if he was broken down !!

Since then I've built a few and bought many off other builders .. i tend to like oddball stuff ... For the last couple of years my ride has been a 26 Rugby Tourer (2dr) tunnel Rammed 350 Chev T400 n Jag rear .. my wife has a 52 morrie 2dr with roof removed painted purple with pink scallops .. son has a 65 Falcon S/W we are building into a woody (already has wooden barn doors) and we're 3 parts of the way into a Rat Rod built from salvaged bits I've collected over the years ( I'm a Towie and collect unwanted cars) most of the bits on the Rat i couldnt identify ie: the chasis .. cowl n doors .. but the thing is coming together nicely.
    When i figure out how all this works i will post a few photos .... nice to be here ...... Mike

2. Hey Mike, few here already and the Aussies are growing in leaps and bounds, its not quite the same as HRI but its definetly good :)

3. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

4. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

5. Welcome from "Wild and Wooley Wisconsin"...!

For a while there I thought you were speaking a different language :eek: until I saw the words Chev and Falcon..., (whew...!)!:D

6. Halfdone

Halfdone

Cool. Another BadBoy

Mark

PS Dont mention anyones relo's....we might get sued again

7. Welcome to the HAMB Mike....lots of good people here and lets see some of those rides of yours

Rat

8. buickroadster

buickroadster

welcombe,good to see another who is drawn towards odd ball rides:)

9. TJ's Dad

TJ's Dad
    from Australia

Yep .... drooled over yours while sippin on a stubbie at Geelong Nats ... it was parked near fence with seat next to it so took a 1/2 hr break n admired it ... the comments i heard .... some amazed .. some luv it .. some dont .. those ones usually are the ones who are 'gonna' build one.

Me I just reckon it's a pissa !!

10. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome aboard.

11. RoadKat

RoadKat

Welcome Mike I have been a towie many yrs myself. Only I call it street junking. Make sure u keep your typing finger cool when u can cause u dont want to miss out on your chance to get the last word in. :cool: And try to post some pics of your rides.