Register now to get rid of these ads!

YESS! Evil Spirits exorcised from Cadillac...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burndup, Sep 14, 2003.

1. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

And just like the movie, the dude performing the exorcism (ShortBus) got majorly puked on... (gasoline)

Two things got done:

1. Blast out fuel return line with compressed air... which is where the puking came from, and

2. relocate the ign coil off of the hot intake manifold and onto the fender.

I think #2 was the major kicker, although having that line blocked up caused quite a bit of trouble as well.

Drove it about 15 miles last night when it was cool out, not a peep of trouble.

Drove it about 8 or nine mi today under the noon sun, with the requisite stop in the middle. Started right back up when I came outta the store, and ran fine all the way home.

I knew it was some little shit problem, and I think the cool people of the HAMB for givin me a hand.

OH, and I lowered the shiznit out of it earlier in the week, but no pix until I get the body cleaned up a bit...

Thanks again Mr. Bus, sorry again about the gas bath, I trust you have no permanent damage?

later,

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

3. plan9

plan9

burndup, that drop is looking pimply bro... dont make me post it for you [​IMG]

4. ShortBus

ShortBus

You're welcome.

Once I got that gas rinsed out of my eyes the burning stopped, luckily the buzz stayed with me the rest of the day... You just need to learn to feather the throttle on that blow gun.

Glad it's all better. Be sure to change the oil. There IS gas in it.

R

5. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

Yep, I changed the oil before the car ever moved again... now my new oil is staying nice and clean! Semi-destructive motor flush... Pan gasket wasn't happy with the treatment, seems to be "decorating" the pavement a bit. oh well. maybe it'll stop.

It actaully did stall on me once today at a light, but started up and ran fine afterward. So i don't care...

So we had:
    * sunk float
    * worn out carb (maybe?)
    * overheated coil
    * blocked return line
    * bad fuel pump
    * bad gas
    * maladjusted points
    * shot fuel filter
    * busted carb insulator/ vacuum leak

Yeah, thats about a third of the crap I've replaced on the car... yeah, 9-way failures are fun to troubleshoot...