Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Yes, Stick was at the Rust Revival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stick Shift, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Less words and more pics of the Rust Revival from Stick Shift.

Attached Files:

2. Gerg

Gerg

great hanging out with you again dude! hopefully i will be seeing you at the scrap drive

3. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Well I did not take the truck or the sedan (really hoping to take the sedan this year) and the mini bike did not work out either for me. But we were there and even served beer on sat. afternoon. Had a great time and wish I could have met more people or even talked longer to those I did get to. (Bob K and Hellraiser, to mention a few).

Attached Files:

4. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Yea Gerg that would be kool if you guys can make it down. It was great hangin with you guys over the weekend. Lots of great times and laughs.

5. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

The ride home from the Rust Revival always sucks. I have such a great time all weekend and then have 4 hours to get back home. I usually do a lot of thinkin because my darlin passenger usually sleeps most of the way back. Then every year the monday back at work just is the pits after the Revival. lol

Attached Files:

6. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

This year seemed different from the past years too. Not takin the truck did not bother me once we got there because this show is really about the people to me. Lots of old friends and new ones every year. I did miss seeing hot rod roadster, evil clown, fiddy and a few others. I am sure we will meet up somewhere soon.

Thanks to Wayland, Reeds Bar & Grill and the Kropdusters. The Kropdusters are all excellent hosts. Always a great time with them. Feel like we have been buds all of our lives. Some of my favorite cars belong to Kropdusters. kool

Big thanks to the Reeds. I don't think there could ever be another show that will ever be as such a great time as this one. :):cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  7. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

Stick is the man...............................Rich

8. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I was trying to explain it to a co-worker but I had a hard time. I just can't put my finger on it.. exactly what it is that makes people fall in love with that little town. Is it because it's like stepping back in time? Is it because you can do a burnout right in front of a Catholic Church and nobody minds? Is it because you can smoke in a restaurant, or that you can walk down the middle of the street with a beer, next to a police officer and he just waves? I wish someone more eloquent than me could put it into words?

Either way it was great to see so many of my life-long friends, and to make some new ones. I'm already looking forward to next year.

9. Greezy

Greezy

Sucked not going this year, missed seeing my old buds.

10. ...from the photos, Wayland does look like a step back in time with those old buildings, etc, that's one reason I've always wanted to go...sorry I missed going again but will shoot for next year for sure.
    Thanks to everyone who posted pics, those of us who didn't make it appreciate it.

11. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Man you said it all. My drive is 7 hours, but well worth every minute.
    And like Tudor Jeff said " Either way it was great to see so many of my life-long friends, and to make some new ones. I'm already looking forward to next year."

12. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I finally got to a computer since my sweetie and I left the Great town of Wayland on Sunday. We had an incredible time and for those that missed it, all I can say is "man, you really missed out". Thanks Todd and club for the great time and the great food. I did git' a bit angry as we were going to have one of those "signature tenderloins" on Saturday night and a sign on the door stated "No more food served". Damn, had to drive all the way into Keokuk for supper. I'll be there next year and maybe lucky enough to cum from Texas instead of Indiana.

13. monsterflake

monsterflake

when was the last time you saw 3 starliners at the same show? awesome!

14. bigsam63

bigsam63

Well,We had a awsome time Again,It was cool to see everybody,CANT WHAIT till next year.:D

15. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Always good to see you and your gang.......

16. Yes...to all above.
    Less talk and more video:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2uMu6fa72U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2uMu6fa72U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

It's a bit long and I didn't add anything from Sat yet, but I got some good shots.

17. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

This is the way it was years ago:cool::cool:

18. halfcockedcustoms

halfcockedcustoms

I can say many good things about the RR,,but the best thing about it is,,,you can always find somebody to talk to,,no douche bags at this show,,I love it

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

hope mickey was worth it troy!!!!:D:p

20. one of the friendliest shows and towns I've been to. Great time!

21. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I missed seeing you and the coupe this year. That corner in Wayland just did not look the same with you and the car missing from it. You were brought up a few times during the weekend. It was all good too.

22. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Nice pic's Stick, reeeaally missed hangin out with you, Greezy, Todd and all the other Vagabonds and Kropdusters. Couldn't agree with you more, the cars are always great but I also feel this show is about the people. I love this show !!! Hope to see all of you somewhere this summer. Gary

23. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Excellent pics, Scott. Thanks for posting em. Wish that I could'a made it down this year, but.....Well.....Maybe next year......So......Do they have Schlitz down there????? :eek::eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D:D

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

thanks for the video!

looks great and I enjoyed the commentary

25. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

I think there was a lot of folks with "Schlitz" the next morning :D