Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yellow plug wires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66galwag, Aug 30, 2010.

1. garcoal

garcoal

now now ladies dont get worked up we will cover the bad little plug wires. go sit down down and have a cup of tea. every thing will be better soon

2. Goatdave

Goatdave

I just put a set on my OT car a few weekends ago . . . But it is a 70 Cutlass Rallye 350 the gaudiest all yellow car ever made. Wires seemed to fit. Getting air shocks and 8 track player next.

3. George

George

In the 70s if you didn't have yellow wires people thought you were neglecting routine maintenance!

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Man I want me some of those see through red copper core spark plug wires! Anybody sell them now? I got a see through cap they would look good on.

5. brad chevy

brad chevy

Fad in the late 60s just like the yo-yo,gone but not forgotten. Yellow plug wires rear high lift shackles and tires hanging out the back fenders. All need to stay in the past.

6. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

7. outlaw256

outlaw256

well i quess im stuck in the 70s because i like alot of what was mentioned here.all but the yellow wires. got a set on a ot nova. but it was built with a purpose in mind. i built it to be as it would have been built in the day. and yes its up in the rear with shackes and airshocks,thou the tires dont stick out hardly at all but they are white letter tires.i like alot of the factory muscle.and most of the goodies that was used on them. but i also like hotrods from way back in the day. built period correct but i do HATE politically correct! lol.funny i quess,i just like cars.almost all periods of them stopping as the 80s began. they havent even built a car that i like since 1972.

8. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

them yellow wires were the hot ticket- all the "Hotties" had them- I had to settle for some see through red wires from pep boys-

9. Deuces

Deuces

I'll send some your way...
    My back yard is full of them... :eek:

10. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Seems kind of silly for somebody to get their blood pressure to artery bursting levels over the color of somebody else's plug wires......

11. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Don't forget the matching Accel coil, in the yellow finned plastic case.

12. coupemerc

coupemerc

You just described a big block 70 Camaro that I used to drive. Yeah it was gawdy...but it hauled ass!:D

13. Tommy I don't care for them either, I liked the first set that I recall seeing and thought I need to get me some of those, then they became a fad and I grwew to hate them day by day. They are crap wires anyway, throw a moderately hot ignition at tem and see how long they last.

Rusty,
    I got a gaudy accell finned coil, one of those big muthas and it has an aluminum case. The plastic case must have some along later.

14. Deuces

Deuces

Tell me your kidding about the 8-track player... :eek:

15. Deuces

Deuces

.... Like 8-track players..:rolleyes:

16. Yellow plug wires were very much synonomous with hot rods and go fast in the seventies and early eighties. I think its because all of us in our younger days would go to the auto parts store and our choice was standard black or grey...or for a few bucks more this brightly colored box with Accel wrote across it, I dont believe they belong on everything but they do bring a smile to some of us...those of us that grew up with Thrush stickers on our quarter windows

17. Good thing in a '70 Cutlass way better than hoops and a bumpin base like they do in "the neighborhood." :D

18. Deuces

Deuces

I had a Pioneer Super Tuner w/cassette player and Jenson speakers in my ride... Deep Purple and "The Who" was always jammin' in the player... ;)

Now where were we???... :rolleyes: Oh yeah, ACCEL plug wires.. Carry on! :eek:

19. I actually had a four track of unknown origin but no yellow wires.:eek:

20. Deuces

Deuces

I never bought a set of those... I always went for the factory replacement plug wire sets.. ;)

21. Deuces

Deuces

Here's a bump!...

22. outlaw256

outlaw256

deuces, i like them 8 tracks too!! got a hundred 8 track tapes from steppinwolf to hendrix and over to deep purple but i aint got a good player!!! anyone?

23. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Hey, I had a girl friend that tooked great in a 'I've got the Purple Hornies' t shirt. :eek:

24. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I used the yellow suckers on my scooters until i got sober . They do make the 7mm in all black though .
    BUY AMERICAN .
    B,B,

25. Deuces

Deuces

I got one in the garage from a '79 Ford LTD... Don't know if the 8-track player still works... If you were in my neck of the woods, I'd give it to ya! It's just junk now that I'll never use... :rolleyes:

26. little t

little t

if we didn't put that kinda shit on are cars then we would no have anything to talk about now

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I never really cared too much what color they were, as long as they WERENT carbon core. I'd still run the stamped aluminum morosos, they were light, cleared stud girdles, and as long as you werent a hamb-fisted hack, kept the oil in the motor. and I still have several sets of lakewood bars. Never used air shocks, I dont like non-functional shit that makes cars go slower...

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

One thing I DO agree with, those multi-colored Taylors with the big ugly boots were useless shit...

29. Deuces

Deuces

That's one of the reasons why I always went with factory replacements...

30. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I have a set on my off topic project, they are being used to mock up the plug wire length and looms, I found a guy on egay who builds bikes and he has a source for the cloth covered black wire with red tracers, looks way better then that yellow crap, even on an early 80's car, once i get that set the yellow garbage can go in the trash