Register now to get rid of these ads!

Year nearly over- what did YOU buy/save this year??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 4, 2009.

1. moefuzz

moefuzz

Found a '49 Merc 1/2 ton with only 44,000 real miles. Paint is faded off but that don't hurt my feelings none. I Just gotta like it cuz it runs beautifully, Flathead and all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also snagged this ugly duckling at an auction. It came from a good friends collection. Sadly he has gone to a better place but I think he would be happy that this one found a good home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

This may not qualify as saving, but I traded my 40' Chevy PU for this 59' Edsel Ranger. Still deciding what to do with it, chop it up and customize it or just do enough to make it back to stock if I wanted to.

Edsel at Mass 09 008a.jpg

3. Il Bravo

Il Bravo

I took this 1951 F-1 off Chris's hands this year. I'm just going to drive it around as is for now and let it tell me what it wants to be (maybe throw somes wwws on it in the meantime though). I guess I can count myself in as indirectly funding Chris's new projects (and helping save some cool trucks) :).

[​IMG]

4. evintho

evintho

Hauled home this '27 RPU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then traded the pickup bed for a turtle deck, caddy rearend and a bunch of other stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. russ1403

russ1403

327 short block
    windshield
    patch panel from a fellow hamb member
    new oil pan+gasket
    engine stand
    cherry picker
    registration
    all for my 50 chevy wagon project,,wish i had saved some of the cars that everybody else did but im on a "budget" and i dont have any space for any other projects.

i dig this thread,keep posting the "saves":)

6. fjordrIver

fjordrIver
    from California

sold my 65 Chevy carryall in January after 20 years

bought a 59 Ford Ranchwagon in November... for the next 20????

kept the same wife and kids!

Attached Files:

7. Bought this one. Built it for a good friend 15 years ago. Hopefully it won't take that much longer to finish!

[​IMG]

8. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a 53 New Yorker for the 331 Hemi. Yesterday i draged home a 1949 F5 delivery truck that was given to me it was used to haul milk cans when it ran. I'll post a photo when i get it figured out. Also picked up a jd sqr model 3 tubing bender with 3 dies for a nice price. Keep your eyes and ears open

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  9. patch

patch

"said you tip yer hat to this lady son and when I did all that hair fell out from underneith" ... Charlie Daniels ~ Ballad of Uneasy Rider

10. I junked a 81 camero for the clip and rear.

Hauled the 52 to a buddy's place for some help on the floors and rockers. It now is possible that I can get it on the road next year.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    plan to to finish the bottom myself
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Got the 58 GMC on the road
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
    Plan to have the 52 on the road unfinished this summer the chassis is done.
    i am now looking for a coupe from the 30s

11. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Bought this on March. It had been sitting since 65. Been driving the crap out of it since September.

Attached Files:

12. BlackMagicKustoms

BlackMagicKustoms
    from Denton,TX

Saved myself a lifetime of grief and divorced the bitch I've been married to for 9 years....oh yeah and disowned one friend ...exfriend. And bought myself the happiness that comes with ridding myself of her non-car loving, cheating, money grubbin', back stabbin', no heart havin',selfish ass!

Whew! I guess that means I could actually afford to build an entire project now! Sweet!

13. rev616

rev616

got rid of a 51 chevy and a 64 olds wagon...gained a mostly complete and amazingly solid 27 buick coupe that i am in the process of parting out to pay for the cost of parts to hot rod!

Attached Files:

14. Jordster

Jordster

Bought my very first project car...

[​IMG]

...and still managed to save money for a down payment on a house (another first) which looks like is gonna happen very soon. I just got bank approval on the price yesterday!! WooHOOO, home inspections and escrow!

Actually, WOOHOO 3-CAR GARAGE so I can actually have some room to *work* on my project car!! :D:D

15. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Cars and a House...now you'll NEVER have any money :D

16. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Here's my 09 purchase. Wife saw it and fell in love, so we bought it home driven whenever we can.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  17. Jordster

Jordster

lol, I know right? Going from no money-pits to two in short order. But I couldn't be happier about either of em!! :D

18. billy zz

billy zz

this aint no rod but i restored it to it's former glory.
    bone stock 63 kaiser/willys.
    it aint fast but it's second to none in a blizzard!;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Truckedup

Truckedup

Jeeps love snow..............
    This is the latest shitbox arriving at my shop of horrors this fall,the shitbox on the trailer that is delivered by a friend in Kansas from his personal junkyard..It's now in pieces and hopefully fit for the highway this summer.
    [​IMG]

20. shakkey jake

shakkey jake
    from Tucson Az.

I picked a 37 Chevy sedan delivery off a flat bed headed for the crusher!!! cheep!!! sold it..

21. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

big score this year!!!! One of my accounts made a Jeston car out of a golf cart for the local christmas parade. They were going to throw the "Spare" plexi bubble away... i just so happen to become the trash can!!!! one step closer to making the bubble belly-button hot rod!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    into something like this!!!
    [​IMG]
    wishing to all: May 2009 parts become bitch'n 2010 hot rods and kustoms!!!!!

22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I put a want add on craigslist for a 55 project and came up with this in May. cheap;)
    The guy I got it from had, owned it for about 5 years,he had traded a 80s dodge pickup to it with intentions of fixing it but after five years hadnt touched it (not really a car guy) the older guy he got it from had owned it for thirty years. so it was basicly just moved from one shed to another.
    after all new brakes,lines,a motor,trans,etc.etc.(bigger coils and ball joint spacers)
    it runs, drives and stops now:)

Attached Files:

23. Saved these two old Mercs, in addition I bought my friends dad's 10x29 bench lathe, 8x24 vertical mill, an american made 42" pan brake and about 25 old body hammers, dollies and slapping spoons (mostly Snap-on, Proto, and one pick hammer made by Stanley).

PS. Forgot to add the '40 (green one) is for sale. $2500, with current Oklahoma Tag and Title.

Attached Files:

24. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Always wanted a Task Force pickup, my new 57'. Hope to be on the road soon!

Attached Files:

25. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A local farmer had a 1942 Buick Century Sedanette sitting outside for years. It was rusting to the ground. Nothing much on it was any good. I got it for free, just for the engine and trans. Scrapped most of the rest except some trim and some of the upper sheet-metal to be used as patches for other projects. The engine is the straight eight 320 w/dual carbs. The trans is a 3 spd standard. I've had other Buicks, and have 2 320s w/Dynaflow transmissions, but wanted the 3 spd and dual carb setup.

26. another '66 Newport, for free, complete car. Oh, and finally got a good set of 30 spoke StarWires!

27. Guess I saved this one. It was in a billion pieces & slated to get back-halved. I put new floors in it & got it back in one piece. Sold it locally to a guy who said he was going to build it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

my biggest buy of the year
    [​IMG]

29. chubbie

chubbie

the wife and I both had surgery this year, so this will be the year of the surgery bill! six months cancer free, pretty good deal!!!!!

30. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

This was my project last winter. I finished it in April and drove it all summer and fall.

[​IMG]