Register now to get rid of these ads!

Year nearly over- what did YOU buy/save this year??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

I bought a TIG, a MIG, and a plasma cutter so now I have everything I need to actually get some work done. Next step is to build a chassis table/jig.

I sold all the extra parts that came with my Tudor sedan including the frame, motor, trans, fenders, and a bunch of extra stuff which basically paid off the original purchase price. So now I've got a perfect shell that I got for free.

While I didn't get much done with the sedan I did manage to swap a 5.0 efi motor and AOD trans into the '68 F-100 I inherited. The swap took me a couple of months to complete working on weekend and holidays only but now I have a truck that runs and drives and can haul parts.

2. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

An eBay find in Texarkana AR over 4th of July weekend. Took it on a 40 mile shake down last week. Moving to town vs living in the country sped up this project by probably 2 years![​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

3. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Traded the old 31 A for a 51 F1. Whish I could have kept that model A but....thats a sign of the times...Love the F1 and its become a near daily driver in the warm months.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Wrong pIC of the A above...she did have a nice interior thou.......

Attached Files:

5. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

2009 was a good car year for me. Not planning to buy anything, I got a call from a friend who knew a guy whose friend had a TBird about to be sold but not yet listed anywhere.

For the owner, medical issues and a household move had taken priority over the 'Bird ... It was a '56 w a 5.0/AOD/Vintage Air setup, in Green. Presented as an almost complete project, it still needed a lot of tending to get it roadworthy.

Talked my wife into making a family trip up to Colorado to pull the car back to TX. It was a nice trip for us and our two small kids except she sprained her ankle big time the first night leaving a Pueblo CO restaurant! So we did not get to see the Royal Gorge, Pike's Peak or the other side trips we had planned. Car was a no start and was a heavy push on and off the trailer.

I had wanted a TBird for a long time so this was just an opportunity based on timing and price that just happened to work out in 2009.

Car even came with his n hers custom embroidered jackets that had never been worn!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  6. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Nice find, I like the look, stance and colors.

7. robertsregal

robertsregal

For our 57 Buick project side stainless mldgs,tailight assemblys,rear bumper assembly,floor pans,fan shroud,misc engine parts,misc interior parts,air compressor.paint guns,body shop supplies to strip back to metal and bring back up to 1st coat of primer surfacer, used set of chrome reverse smoothies,10 packs of marlboro lights, a guy has to have a habit

8. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Well it is still in the saving stage but picked up a 55 Victoria in July. So far her front end has been stripped down, blasted, sanded, repainted and put back together with all new bushings, ball joints, tie rods, complete disc brake swap, lowered, and next week hopefully will start rebuilding the 302 and AOD for her. Its the car in my avatar.

9. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

It had been sitting for 31 years in a shed.

[​IMG]

Converted it to later model suspension, disc brakes, highway gears, etc...

[​IMG]

It's going to be my daily driver as soon as I get new bedwood in it and register it.

10. rjgideon

rjgideon

Bought an Offy 3x2 intake for a low-deck Mopar big block and at least four Holley 94 carbs. Bought a Dana powerlok equipped sure-grip 8-3/4 plus two other complete rears. Decent deals on all of it.

11. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drove this home Aug 21.

12. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

Bought this thing.......Needed it like I need another hole in my head :eek:

[​IMG]

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got the '63 sold so as soon as it gets picked up the shoebox gets the spot in the garage and work begins.

The Panel will have to wait awhile.

14. RodStRace

RodStRace

Bought the 47 Windsor early this year, and have it roadworthy. Needs another round of polishing.
    Also bought the A-100 van last month. It will be my attempt at body and paint, so it will be a battle!
    Got a little more done on the 40 P-10 coupe. I really should have had it running this year, but I keep having the wandering eye! I tend to buy okay but sell low, so I try to avoid selling. This has been a banner year! Up to 11 vehicles.
    Pitcures on my homepage.

15. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I dragged home all the major pieces to this and started screwing it together.... My ultimate hot rod roadster...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. 562roadster

562roadster

Saved a '30 Ford Coupe in April, and '29 Roadster pickup in September. Both in progress.

17. Ghost28

Ghost28

Got this given to me by a good friend. I haven't saved it yet, but it's in my possesion, and in my plans...John

Attached Files:

18. johnboy13

johnboy13

Pulled this out of the basement of an apartment building this summer. It was given to me for free with a clean title. Not exactly HAMB friendly, but you can't beat the price. I also got my truck on the road for the first time since 2004.

1972 Bonneville 750

[​IMG]

Her's a shot of my truck when i was picking up the bike.

[​IMG]

19. Abomb

Abomb

My save of the year........I've wanted one for 25 years

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Also found this little jewel and drug it home

Attached Files:

21. ALCAN AV8

ALCAN AV8

Drug this home late last winter. Will be awhile before it is saved though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got rid of these two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Traded these 4 Sedan bodies ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

... for this 33 4dr body.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got these two from a guy cleaning up his farm yard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still trying to get rid of this one.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356432

[​IMG]

22. Only bought one this year: 1928 RPU
    Sold three: 1964 Galaxie convertible
    1957 Ford Fairlane
    1954 Ford
    Trying to thin out the herd and get older stuff.

23. ocfab

ocfab

sold my 32 brookville to get a family car ( 1932 ford fordoor ) it is on it's way from Texas to Cal. as i type this

24. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

I got this for the family.

[​IMG]

25. Went out to 5wbomber(Jordan) place and picked up a bone stock 1965 Ranchero.Drove it home from Solvang to Oakland with no problems..Has to be the best running car i have ever had...All thanks to the H.A.M.B. for hooking me up with Jordan!

26. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Got this back in Nov. Justed order my taildragger kit from Alex Gambino. Picked up a 1966 283 with power pack heads and a 3 x 2 setup back in Sept.:D Hopefully be bagged and runnin sometime soon with white walls and steelies not these ugly a** rims that are on it now

Attached Files:

27. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Saved this 31 :D Now back to the 57.

Attached Files:

28. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

I hope you enjoy the 52 Ranch wagon,I wish I could have kept it but needed the $$$ for parts for my 41 coupe.

29. bcook07

bcook07
    from Illinois

i managed to save an old 53 f100 cab from scrap and have since turned it into a rolling chassis with engine and trans sitting it it. currently chopping the top.

gotta go pick up my flathead this week. its a 49 merc flathead i picked up for $50. working on getting a f1 buy christmas too.

30. Mercchev

Mercchev

Bought (and sold, mostly) but at least saved them from the crusher: 41 Plymouth 2 Door Sedan, 61 Ford F-100, 63 Chevy C-10 Shortbed, 53 Plymouth 2 Door Wagon, (A couple of OT rides- a 70 Impala Convertible, a 74 Chevelle Wagon and a 72 Cad Eldorado convertible. Eldorado is a keeper because I had one in college) and bunches of pieces and parts...best score was an old aftermarket continental kit for a 51 Mercury and a whole box of NOS stainless for the Merc as well...Oh yeah, we picked up a car hauler with the proceeds from the sales of the others...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009