Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yea, I'm new too

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dirttoo, Feb 18, 2009.

1. dirttoo

dirttoo

I just bought a '60 Falcon. Plan to make a "low buck" Gasser out of it. Could use some (lots) of suggestions on puting a straight axle under it. I recently sold my IMCA modified and got out of dirt racing and now I am bored. I will build this in my spare time. Any suggestions?

2. I too just picked up a 1960 Falcon and plan on building a gasser out of it. Mine is a factory 2dr wagon. What's yours?
    Maybe we can keep each other in a loop and help each other.

3. Onelow34

Onelow34

Welcome from Iowa buddy. Where in the cities are you located? I used to race legends up in davenport. Take it easy

4. dirttoo

dirttoo

Thanks, I'm from Moline. I go to Davenport races every Friday. I'm sure this year will be no exception.

5. dirttoo

dirttoo

I got it off ebay last Sunday. It's a 2 door, 6 cyl. 3 speed. A little rough but the price was right. I don't know where to start with this gasser plan though. I would like to keep in touch with someone doing the gasser thing.

6. Big Russ

Big Russ

Hey fellas, plenty of Falcon Gasser action on here - some very inspirational cars too. Do a search on "Gasser", "Falcon Gasser" or "Straight Axle" & you'll find plenty of good info to get you started. I did!
    Have fun & keep us updated.

7. Right on. After tearing into mine some, I do believe I paid too much. O well, it's mine now.

8. Welcome! You are only new once! After you drive through the posts you will depreciate,lol, and be like the rest of us. For falcon gasser advice, check out SOLID, HAMBer with gasser Falcon near me.