Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yanks Tanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Westside Lefty, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

I did a search and found nothing on this movie. If there is anyone that hasn't seen this movie go out and get it. It's incredible what the Cuban's are forced to do with our old iron to keep 'em running.

A look at the phenomenon of classic American cars in Cuba, the largest living automobile museum in the world.

Yank Tanks (2002)
    Producer/Director/Cinematographer: David Schendel
    Editor: Jean Kawahara
    Associate Producer/Interviewer: Javier Bajana
    Studio: Blue Collar Films
    Genre: Documentary
    Runtime: 70m

Synopsis
    Yanks Tanks is a first look at the phenomenon of classic American cars in Cuba. Like an exotic, endangered species, these colorful cars roam around this island paradise trapped in a 1950’s time warp. As beacons of individuality in a sea of government conformity they represent freedom for those who own them. Owners who will do almost anything to keep them running. Seeing these old cars in recent films and photographs one wonders how they have maintained them after decades with no spare parts and an embargo by the United States. After repeated trips to Cuba, the Schendel brothers succeed in taking a close look into the underground world of Cuban cars, finding along the way a gallery of eccentric characters - the curators of the largest, living, automobile museum in the world.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

Nah I'm not letting this go. You guys will thank me!

3. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

Don't a lot of those cars have more recent diesel engines? It would take an awful lot of rebuilds to keep a car on the road as a daily driver for 50 years.

4. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Yank tanks you can watch on netflix.com on the free trial. just found it that old fart is bad ass making those grills,trim etc..

5. big creep

big creep

ok this is an old thread but i had to bump it. you must watch this movie! and we think its hard to find a part here in the states, hamber should watch this! bump!

6. big creep

big creep

yea but nothing wrong with it. sorry guy, just thought i would relive it for a bit.