Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yanks Down Under

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SquirrelTail, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Hey Everyone!

This is for all the Australian Members of the H.A.M.B! A couple friends and myself will be down in New South Wales for the dates of October 1st through the 23rd. We will be in Bathurst mostly (in Kelso actually is where my mate lives with his wife) and will be taking in the 50th Annual Bathurst 1000 the 4th-7th.

We will be on Central Coast the 10th-12th and touring Sydney the 16-18th. All other days in between I will be in Kelso. I was wondering if anyone knew of any Rod Runs, Swaps, shows, or anything awesome concerning Hot Rods during this time? Or if anyone can recommend cool places to check out?

Let me know! I am SUPER excited to finally get to accomplish my dream of visiting Australia!

2. I am sure you will have a great time.....The Bathurst race will be something you wont forget in a hurry!

As to what to see,...depends wht you are interested in and class as cool?

Here is a list of whats on car wise in October in NSW, some work in with you, some not.

http://www.pinky.com.au/nswOCT2012.htm

3. zep058

zep058

The first weekend in October is the Chopped show in Newstead Victoria that Ryan Ford puts on and is a blast of a weekend, a true traditional show. It wouldn't be that expensive to get some flights down or land in Melbourne first then head north.
    Do a search for last years event and that could sway you!

4. zep058

zep058

Beat me to it spoggie

5. AV88

AV88

I agree get down to the chopped show if you your into traditional stuff you'd be crazy to miss it , it's Australia's best hotrod /custom weekend

6. Spoggie, I clicked on this link and I couldn't look any further! I will be at the Bathurst 1000 those dates, and I didn't want to torture myself by seeing what I was gonna miss in Victoria! ARGH! Why can't I perfect that whole omnipresence ability! Sheesh.

To everyone, thanks for the replies! I looked at the site given by 49CadiClubCoupe, and I am DEFINITELY going to see if some of those events are in my area! As to what I class as cool, well, I like it all! My other half has a 40 Plymouth Coupe, and a 32 Ford Tudor Sedan. We just recently got me a Model A Sport Coupe project that we'll be building over the next couple years. But if I had to categorize it, I would be a traditional hot rod lover...

7. Glad the link was of use,...

Lots of interesting things to see scenery wise where you will be near Kelso like the Blue Mountains and of course around the Central Coast and Sydney. I am about 45 mins north of the CC and it's a pretty nice part of the world!

8. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If this is your first time in Oz, take what you budgeted for the trip and multiply by 2.

9. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I was walking down the street in Perth and this guy is pulled over with a AV8 roadster tweeking on the carby. We got to talking and I wound up getting a tour of the town. ........can't beat that. Of course thats a LONG way from Sydney.