Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ya ever just sit in a project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, Oct 15, 2010.

1. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I ate my lunch behind the wheel of my Desoto today. The cars in my shop and is a long ways from being even a driver. I figured its here why not get a feel for it.

I cant be the only one that does stuff like this. How about you guys who take a nap on a creeper while underneath your car?

2. haven't taken a nap.. but yes I sit in / on all my projects.. it keeps me motivated...

3. Italianrich

Italianrich

and make engine noises,,,kids think I'm nuts....

4. LAROKE

LAROKE

Yea. "Varroooom, Varrooom". Been doin' it since the sixties.

5. redtracker

redtracker

i put about a thousand miles on my truck while it was sitting on jackstands and no engine or trans in it

6. Oh yeah
    Rump Rump

7. 37dodge

37dodge

I do it all the time too. It is like having a vision and keeps the mind on track.

8. rockinokie

rockinokie

Just about every day. Low funds keep me dreaming...

9. 76cam

76cam

Yep go from 1st to 2nd to 3rd to 4th making cherps evey time I shift.

10. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

yep drinking beer and smoking

11. Mattilac

Mattilac

Haha oh yeah I do this kinda stuff all the time. Whenever I'm right in the middle of a big project (like rewiring, or swapping suspensions, or anything major) I will just stop at random and sit in a chair in the middle of the garage for an hour or two and stare at everything. It gets my brain reorganized and focused on what the next step is.

I did that a lot recently for the Jag ifs swap into the F100...

12. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

i'm doing it now..

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I have perfected this fine art, ghost riding we will call it, put a big boomin box in the back off the ride, face it at the trunk lid or a part that the noise can shock wave, get a pair of cool shades, put in a copy of In A godda davida, turn the dial to 22 and sit there while the reverbs blow the hair off the back of your neck. If you do this about once a month while you are finishing your ride I absolutely guarantee that your neighbor will NOT come over to complain to you about your wifes little purse dog shittin on his lawn.

14. 117harv

117harv

Sit in a project...or maybe stand in the center of a pile of parts that are your project.

15. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I've done just about everything you can do with a project car. pushed it around steering it, sat in it, shifted it, slept in it, sliced myself open in it, hell about the only thing i haven't done is had sex in it and thats only because the opportunity hasn't presented itself yet! lol

16. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Sure all the time, It's a motivation thing.

17. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Anybody that says he never has is either a bullshit artist or not a hot rodder at all. I wouldn't trust either of them.:D Everyone has tried to get the feel of their dream. Often it's a 5 gal bucket with your elbow out the window and yes I have "air shifted" through the gears.

18. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Oh Yeah... My big screan T.V. is up on the wall in front of my Falcon, I'll watch movies like I'm at the drive-in. I'm even looking for a speaker box to hang on my window

19. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Hell yeah..

I even had to turn the car around in the garage so I could watch the race..

I was leading till the last lap,fu*#ing Kyle Busch..

20. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I sure have. Imaginin' what it'll be like eating up the miles, seeing the road pass underneath me.

21. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I get the wife to rock it back and forth and make honking noises. I honk back sometimes. Guess I ought to put one of those "Honk if Your Horny" bumper stickers on it.

22. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Me and my 69 year old father sat side by side plenty of times in my little T. HAHAHA Talking about what kinda ET's it would turn. I have also sat with my 19 month old while he flipped every switch,knob etc. I have even went so far as to put a shop fan on with the door open and catch a little cat nap in it. I like the idea about sleeping under it...have to try that sometime.

23. cicciobilly

cicciobilly
    from italy

the frontseat of my chebby is the only confortable place in my garage to sit and smoke a cigarette and drink a fresh beer!

24. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

from the time I was old enough to get in my brothers 32 Cabrio till just this week as it sat in the shop, 50 years is too long though so really need to get on with the show LOL

25. Jax2A

Jax2A

I have take many naps under cars. Some intentional, some not. Especially when changing oil and waiting for the old oil to drain.

26. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Was napping on the creeper as stated earlier, dreaming of a cute girl. Woke up to doggie kisses.

27. LAROKE

LAROKE

I have a friend who was a Deadhead back in the day. He and a bunch of buddies dropped acid and went to a concert in his old window van. When they got back, his buddies said let's do it again. My friend was a little unsettled about driving again while trippin' out so when the next concert date arrived, he put the van up on blocks so the wheels were about a inch off the ground. He and his buddies dropped acid again and he took them to the concert without ever leaving the driveway. He claims noone was the wiser.

28. endlessearth

endlessearth

I sit in my car and watch TV while I eat breakfast. Sometimes my dog sits in it too. It makes my day better.

29. Na I never do............
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of course you do, how would ever get anything done without trial fit.....

30. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

making engine noises and "rowing" the shifter. Been there, done that!