Register now to get rid of these ads!

Y block rams horn dimensions please?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chillywilly, Aug 7, 2012.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly

Yo. I'm running a y block in my shoebox and Im fresh outta room on the driver side with the steering box and all. Can someone provide me with some dimensions of these manifolds so I can measure for fitment? Also if you have a pair you want to sell me let me know. I also accept free parts. Thanks

2. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Sitting flat on the floor beside my computer, about 4" deep. End bolt to end bolt 18 1/4". From end bolt to outer edge of center dump, (side closest to firewall,) 8". From floor to inner edge of center dump 2 3/4", and from floor to outside of center dump, 5 1/4". No, mine aren't for sale, soon to be installed on my 58 Crewcab, big window pickup. Hope that helps, can take more measurements if needed.

3. 1 Ford fan

1 Ford fan

The ram horns dump in the middle right on the motor mount don't they? Not used on cars useing the car moutor mount.

4. chillywilly

chillywilly

No side mounts. Used the hurst style front mount - super easy/ clean install on the shoebox crossmember. If looking at the manifold straight on as it was bolted to the block, what is the dimension from the bottom of the mounting flange to the bottom of the collector flange? Thanks guys...much appreciated.

5. BigChief

BigChief

One of my Y-blocks (out of a '57 pick-up) had the driver's side manifold dump at the front of the motor into a cross-over pipe and into the passenger side manifold. Not exactly performance orientated or pretty but its OEM and worked well enough for a lot of miles.

6. 4rod

4rod

7. chillywilly

chillywilly

I have the crossover manifolds and a drivers rear dump. The rear dump won't work and the crossover is ugly. 4rod- those are the rams horns I want and they will work if the measurement is right. The crossmember isn't an issue as it is further forward than the center dump

8. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Kind of hard to measure, but roughly from middle of nearest bolt hole on block to bottom of flange is 3 3/4 ''.

9. aaggie

aaggie

I think Speedway sells a reproduction set but they are expensive, about $400.

10. chillywilly

chillywilly

Ya the speedway ones are pricey but originals don't come around all that often. And I'm not splashing out 4 bills for anything that doesn't fit! . Lowrider I think I understand what you are measuring and I thank you immensely. Now... who's got some for sale?! Or free?!

11. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Free ram's horns...that's a good one.

If they don't clear, have you looked into the rearward exiting t-bird manifolds?

I also saw someone use crossover manifolds for duals by eliminating the crossover pipe, installing a block off plate on the front of the passenger side manifold, and a pipe exiting the front of the driver's side. A little strange, but it worked.

12. 4rod

4rod

I got mine out of a junkyard in Sac. Calif...for 150.00...They where also, on some of the old ford school buses as the buses had 292's in them...lil history...

13. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Get a chevy, tons around. :) Just a joke, just a joke.