Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Y-block racing - Famoso

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jhildebr, Sep 12, 2014.

1. jhildebr

jhildebr
    from San Diego

Hello fellow Y-Blockers,
    I took the Mummert Y-block powered Coupe to Famoso (Bakersfield) last weekend to race in the NHRA Heritage Hot Rod finals. This is the same series I race in at the March Meet at Famoso. I also joined the Fun Ford Weekend race in the “Fast Ford” group while there. The DA was around 3800’ and the temps was a hot 104/105*. The car ran a best of 10.14 and 127mph. The car has run 9.99 and a 6.22 1/8th mile there in cooler weather. The good news is I went to BOTH finals. Unfortunately, I red lit in the Fun Ford final and took too much stripe in the Hot Rod final and broke out. I had a good weekend and had TWO .000 lights that weekend. I go to the Div. 7 Summit finals next weekend (Sept 19-21) to race again. I hope I do as well.
    John Hildebrand Fall nats Famoso.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  2. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Good luck next weekend!

3. Mummert

Mummert

Nice job making it to both final rounds John. Hopefully next trip we'll see some cooler temps. That would definitley make it nicer to hang out and the cars go faster, win win..

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. loudbang

loudbang

Wow TWO .000 lights in one event is awesome and a rare event. Forgive me but have to ask how old you are that is a real youngster territory time. :)

And the car is great too. FORD power let them call a Y block an anchor now. :rolleyes: