Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Y block oil passage help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cretin, Aug 21, 2021.

  1. cretin
    Joined: Oct 10, 2006
    Posts: 2,963


    EDIT: I cleaned up and removed that fitting. It is a fitting for oil pressure. Thanks anyway!

    Hey guys. I just picked up a ‘64 Ford F100 4x4, with what I believe is the stock Y block. I’m trying to get it fired up. After cranking it, I noticed it was pumping oil out of this passage on the driver side of the block.
    the one underneath that petcock in the block.


    What is that passage for? Where should it be going?
    This is my first time messing with a Y block.
    I tried looking up oiling diagrams, but didn’t see that passage. Is that where the oil gauge reads? Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  2. oldiron 440
    Joined: Dec 12, 2018
    Posts: 2,292

    oldiron 440

    It looks like a oil pressure gauge sender, like the plastic line fell off. Is it covered in tape?
    stillrunners likes this.
  3. Boneyard51
    Joined: Dec 10, 2017
    Posts: 5,069


    That is the oil galley, just put a plug in it.

  4. drtrcrV-8
    Joined: Jan 6, 2013
    Posts: 1,465


    I would STRONGLY suggest finding out if you have an oil pressure gauge on/in the dash & a line heading through the firewall to the engine that is attached to the motor! If it is NOT attached, I would either repair/replace the line! If it is an electric gauge, I would suggest a trip to the parts house & get a sending unit to replace that weeping stub in the picture. These suggestions will keep you from either losing an engine or spraying it's oil all over the ground or floor of your garage when the engine starts. Just sayin'... As been there/done that... Or, as Boneyard51 said : "put a plug in it"....

  5. jimmy six
    Joined: Mar 21, 2006
    Posts: 9,699

    jimmy six

    It’s the typical oil pressure sending unit spot. You can see another plug on the same line just in front of the filter. There is also one on the other side of the filter and one very near the front too. All on the same line if drilled/taped and plugged.
    warhorseracing likes this.
  6. With drtrcV-8 - does look like it might have some thing hooked up there with that dripage .....

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.