Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Y block oil passage help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cretin, Aug 21, 2021.

1. cretin

cretin

EDIT: I cleaned up and removed that fitting. It is a fitting for oil pressure. Thanks anyway!

Hey guys. I just picked up a ‘64 Ford F100 4x4, with what I believe is the stock Y block. I’m trying to get it fired up. After cranking it, I noticed it was pumping oil out of this passage on the driver side of the block.
    the one underneath that petcock in the block.

5419BDFA-DEF7-4961-B1BC-37AFC6246E65.jpeg

What is that passage for? Where should it be going?
    This is my first time messing with a Y block.
    I tried looking up oiling diagrams, but didn’t see that passage. Is that where the oil gauge reads? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  2. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

It looks like a oil pressure gauge sender, like the plastic line fell off. Is it covered in tape?

stillrunners likes this.
  3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

That is the oil galley, just put a plug in it.

Bones

4. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

I would STRONGLY suggest finding out if you have an oil pressure gauge on/in the dash & a line heading through the firewall to the engine that is attached to the motor! If it is NOT attached, I would either repair/replace the line! If it is an electric gauge, I would suggest a trip to the parts house & get a sending unit to replace that weeping stub in the picture. These suggestions will keep you from either losing an engine or spraying it's oil all over the ground or floor of your garage when the engine starts. Just sayin'... As been there/done that... Or, as Boneyard51 said : "put a plug in it"....

5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It’s the typical oil pressure sending unit spot. You can see another plug on the same line just in front of the filter. There is also one on the other side of the filter and one very near the front too. All on the same line if drilled/taped and plugged.

warhorseracing likes this.
  6. With drtrcV-8 - does look like it might have some thing hooked up there with that dripage .....