Register now to get rid of these ads!

Y Block Hoarders Identify yourselves !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue One, Apr 11, 2012.

1. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Hopefully this will have a new hood to live under soon.

Attached Files:

2. For those in the know ;)

Oldmics

Attached Files:

3. Under my 56 hood? :D

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think he means under a hood of his own, another fine Y Block built by Tim McMaster. :)

dana barlow likes this.
  5. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Your showing off Oldmics!

6. Sal Cicala

Sal Cicala

Oldmics, you could sell that and almost retire off the money. Amazing how rare and valuable they are, when all it is is basicly an ECZ-G head with a larger combustion chamber and a different casting number. It's all about the numbers. :)

7. Had some of those once. :rolleyes:

8. youngsspeed

youngsspeed

if anybody is interested, i have a nos edelbrock F657 6x2 intake. it has never been bolted onto a motor and still has he machine marks on the gasket surfaces. it is drilled for a 4 bolt (rochester 2GC) carb. i willtry toget pics if somebody is interested. i am growing kind of fond of this guy so let me know.
    michael 831-753-7637

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Post pictures here, that's what the thread is about. If you want to sell it, post it in the classifieds :)

If you have it we want to see it !

10. More blower goodies from Ford

Kinda resembles my avatar

Attached Files:

11. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I've posted my 312 powered roadster on here before... but, it has been in various stages of dismantel while making changes to other areas... last weekend we re-assembled most of the parts and I thought I would share a photo update... We only have the drivers side headers done...

Link to thread: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431579

[​IMG]

12. Forgot about the Mercury M 260 stuff that I had stashed

Oldmics

Attached Files:

13. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Now this is CraaaazY Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

14. I've got a few bits & always looking for more like everyone else. Really hunting for another 312 crank right now. Know of any?

15. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I have a 312 in the 57 Country sedan. Factory A/C car at that.
    I traded a friend of mine a 63, 401 Nailhead, complete, for a nice .60 over 292 long block. I met him here on the HAMB and had a great time meeting some of the Phoenix crowd.

16. Dats me...

I've gathered a build worth of parts all boxed and ready to build a mild vintage Y for my 55 F100 when I can find a reasonably priced low mileage Std Bore block, close enough to pick up here in Nor Cal. In the mean time I reverted to a 53 Flatty for sum old school charm..... Current Hoard Inc;

- Low mileage OEM cores that I've had rebuilt by Mummert Inc; A Stroked 312 Crank turned down to 10/10 / and corresponding Rods, Large Port 292 heads...
    - NOS "Vintage" Speed Parts Inc; 312 Jahns Pistons, Large Port Edelbrock Tri-flow manifold, Progressive Rockers, Holley dual point Dizzy, Alum Flywheel, High Flow Oil Pump (one of my best and rarest finds), Ellco Progressive Carb Linkage for three Dueces...
    - Good clean Vintage Dress-up Parts Inc; Finned Alum Valve / Valley Pan Covers...
    - A bunch of NOS OEM parts for Eng / Assy Inc; Radiator, Clutch Pressure Plate / Disc, Water Pumps, Bearings, Seals...
    - Good clean OEM parts for Assy Inc; a Pr of Ramshorns, Expansion Tank, A/C Brackets (Yes Vintage HP and A/C go together like Caffene and Nicoteen), Tin...

I had the Y I intended to build till 2008; a 1 owner 60 292 with 62K original miles, ran like a top in an F100, but I just couldn't afford to haul both my 55 F100 and my 60 F100 when I moved to Nor Cal... Sold it with great regret to a great HAMB'r in Mich.

If you don't stand for sumthin, you'll fall for anything. A fellers gotta have a dream!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  17. Anyone on here score the last few blower manifolds that've come up?

Ford Barn 3-71
    Side View1.jpg
    Ebay
    Ebay Cragar.jpg
    Craigslist Texas
    Craiglist Texas Cragar manifold.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  18. town sedan

town sedan

About two years ago Lindsay Shoemark in OZ started selling a new 471 intake. Don't know the price or availability, but bet someone does.
    -Dave

19. The air cleaner that transitioned the late 1956 oval style air cleaner into the 1957 full round "E" style .

Just back from Librandi"s Chrome Shop

DSCF0385[1].JPG

Oldmics

20. Wish I still had these ! Y Block 1956 Mercury M260 Badges DSCF0022.JPG

21. brainfreeze

brainfreeze

Did you ever sell these headers?

dana barlow likes this.
  22. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

Those are gorgeous!!

dana barlow likes this.
  23. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I only hoard GMC 6 engine parts.. All my Y-Block stuff is what I take off. I still thank oldmics for the Ford Purolator air cleaner for the dual quad set up. A4A68DBC-6257-4140-86AA-9A1A8CFCBBCB.jpeg

dana barlow, Deuces, egads and 2 others like this.
  24. Foothillspeedshop

Foothillspeedshop

Here is a 292 I built for one of my projects just don't know what one

Attached Files:

25. Deuces

Deuces

26. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Maybe I am Y-hoarder ? Kind of old post,but the pile keeps growing !
    I do have a lot of stock used "Y"parts,one "Y" is in my old hot rod I still drive,an one running back-up motor if the hot rod motor die's.
    But there is old stock parts for at least 5 more "Y"s plus 2 complete "Y"s,one dose turn ,an one I have not tryed to turn over yet.
    Too many other Ford engines in the way ,to work around anymore now!; 2 "FE"s 390?, 1 "5.0", All extras are 4sale,pick up Miami Fla.only. Merc V8 Flathead V8 goes with a project/I started,1917 Hupp roadster hotrod< call it a kind of kit now for some thing outside the box cool<I'll never finish; so for sale too!

Speedparts;For the most part,I made my own,header/log-intakes/linkage/brackets,except cam n dizzys.
    I started on a 471 super charger set up for "Y" but didn't completed it passeed about 75%,intake is made,I never got a 7in. snout to fit my 471, an few other small things left to do. 001 (4).JPG

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    egads, williebill, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  27. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

The Y-block was the first car engine my Dad showed me how to rebuild! So, I have always had a soft spot for them. I still have that 312 T-bird special! Over the years I grabbed any Y-block I could get and some 3x2 set ups. Last count I had I had 11 Y-blocks. So…. I guess that puts me in the hoarder status! :D

Bones

28. HOTRODNORSKIE

HOTRODNORSKIE
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love those engines. Running a 292 Tbird in my 57 F100 isky E3 cam ,352 pushrods and springs ,429cj retainers and keys, ford iron 4 barrel intake with a 650 holly reds headers. 312 on a stand built in 89 never run isky E2 cam, johns pistons many other goodies.64 292 truck block with steel crank . 292 block bored 30 over, 3 carb intake, fenderwell headers, box of Johns popups and more

Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.
  29. 327Eric

327Eric

I hate the y block, but I keep finding the. My latest is a 56 312 out of a t bird, with the beautiful valve covers and a 3 speed of that came in a free 59 ford f100, with a spare 57 292,, and misc parts. I may run the turd because of the valve covers, and 3 on the tree. Plus, they sound great with glasspacks

Boneyard51 and Deuces like this.