Register now to get rid of these ads!

Y Block Hoarders Identify yourselves !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue One, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Are you a Y block hoarder ? Specifically a hoarder of y block parts and rare old y block speed equipment and other goodies ?

If so identify yourself and show us what you have :)

And while you are at it, dust off a pair of Edelbrock script valve covers and sell them to me ;)

2. vintagetinman

vintagetinman

I have an old Offy 3x2 , a set of fender-well headers, and a few sets of valve covers .

I am always on the look out for more

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'd only want you to sell them to me if you had more than one pair. :)
    Sharing is more rewarding than hoarding ;)

4. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Lol I just got started, but Have a 59 Merc 312, and a set of ECG-Z heads- Oh got a 272 but My truck has a 292 with rams horns, and a 57 t bird intake.

5. fireman 55

fireman 55

I have come to terms with it I am a Y-Block Horder.

6. I have some y block parts. Mainly a tri carb intake. no y block in site. :D

7. I have two garages, both have a crap load of y block parts, getting ready to sell some. My favorite part is an edelbrock aluminum 3x2 intake. I plan to refurb some of the holley 94s I have and put that on my 56 Fairlane.

8. badshifter

badshifter

I'm an accidental hoarder. Nobody wants the engines around here. So under the bench they stay.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

For my part I have a 57 312 with the good heads and a complete 292. I have an Offy tri power manifold and a pair of finned Offy valve covers.

My tri power was rebuilt by dickster27.

I now have an Edelbrock 573 tri power manifold arriving soon. :)

But I need those valve covers to go with it for my 26 RPU.

10. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

I collected and liquidated two pretty good piles of Y-block stash. One in the early 70's based on a 57 w/E code complete induction, a tri power and several complete 292s and second pile 10 years ago based on a nice 56 Customline w/57 4100 Holley flange intake and distributor, tripower, two complete 312's, one w/Jauns popups, a 3 sp w/ OD etc, etc . Wish I had a digital camera then. Both times I had an epiphimy that there is NO way a Y is gonna go fast as I need to go, so out the shit went. However Y's run great even with out much love and they ain't SBC's. Nothin' makes me more weary that a rod w/350350. WTF.

Jimbo ECZ likes this.
  11. IMO, nothing sounds as good as a y block with some glasspacks.

12. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

Yer exactly right, that's the way my Customline was, rapped great when ya shifted. It was 3 on the tree, never had a shifter hole dug in the floor, nice tight car. Sounded just like my moms 56 Country Squire did 50 years ago, it was white woody w/ T-bird mill and stick shift. Customline was a 2dr post black cherry body was painted on the rottisery in and out, I sorta miss it some times in a way.

13. smarg

smarg

Sorry guys.. but pictures would be really nice.

14. LM14

LM14
    from Iowa

So far I only have a pair of 292's. 1 from a '61 unibody and the other is a '59 from an unknown source.

Also have a clean set of ECZ-G heads with a nice set of ECG rockers. Also have a ECZ-9425-B intake.

Planning to put one together for my Unibody.....eventually.

SPark

15. I have a few parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jimbo ECZ likes this.
  16. These just left me. I got a few parts left.
    Oldmics

Attached Files:

17. McTim

Now that just aint wright :mad::mad::mad::eek:

Oldmics ;)

18. Mattilac

Mattilac

What the eff Tim!

By the way, does anyone have pics of fenderwell headers installed in their F100?

19. Someone else "hoarded" this stuff for years and I was there when he wanted to get rid of it. Can you blame me? :D

20. Yes! But oh the files I would have to go through to find them.:rolleyes: If someone doesn't post it sooner I'll try and dig them out. ;)

21. S.F.

S.F.

Vintage hedman headers....rare as hell. made of unobtainium.....also have a tri power offy.............all for sale.

Attached Files:

22. 117harv

117harv

23. Wifeys '55 ranchwagon has a tickled up 272 with Late dizzy, finned Valley cover and offy valve covers and mustang toploader.
    My '53 F100 has Lincoln 368 y block with 4 speed adapted .
    I would like some sensibly priced Script valve covers for the Lincoln Y ....

24. lol!

25. More stash :rolleyes:
    Oldmics

Attached Files:

26. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have a 272 and a 292 along with a 57 intake and other parts.

27. chubbie

chubbie

I have a fenton 2 four intake and carbs, edelbrock fuel block. looks like its ready to bolt on:D

28. saratoga56

saratoga56
    from NY

I have a few 292s, and few speed parts. PM if you have a pair of thunderbird valve covers and/or thunderbird air cleaner you'd like to sell.

29. suede57ford

suede57ford

I have a whole storage room full of y-blocks, approx 20+. I was (destroying) one every year drag racing with my factory supercharged '57 Ford sedan, I had to soinic test at least four blocks every time I started another build to find ones with thick enough cylinder walls, for my blower engines. I used to turn them down when offered as I had so many at one time and was running out of space, now I pick every 292-312 as usable cores are getting impossible to find.

Do not use stock rods, no matter how modifed they are on a supercharged y-block. They will break! John Mummert can get you a drop in set of rods for a good price that are much stronger.

I have had great luck with Eagles rods in my Y's. I even broke a crank once, and the eagle rods did nto break.

30. Not all Y Block parts have to be old to be hoarded :D

Howzabout a new set of John Mummert aluminum heads for the might Ys

Oldmics

Attached Files: