Register now to get rid of these ads!

Y-block guru's...Carb question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grumpy, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

My 60 F100 has a Holley on the 292.
    I read that was common, but mine has a big mess of govenors on side, which I found to be it was from a big truck like a F600

So what carb can I look for that'll work for me? A less expensive option would be best.

My carb is junk. Needs rebuilt but don't want or need the govenor, and read it can't be removed.

Thanks

2. 2 barrel manifold ? 500CFM Holley will do the trick nicely .

3. Cheaper than the Holley, the Motorcraft/Autolite 2BBL equivalent. Easy to toss a rebuild kit into and they're good carbs.

Bob

4. Top Kick

Top Kick

X2 on Autolite/Motorcraft, easy to rebuild and wrecking yards are full of them.

5. I had a Ford stock car that we had to ditch the Holley (b.s. rule change...) and go to an Autolite. With a careful rebuild, the car was just as fast as with the Holley.

Bob

6. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Should have clarified..
    Mine is a 4bbl intake and 4bbl Holley
    I think the number was 2151 on front.

7. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Also, off subject.
    My truck seems to have a 4spd. I havnt been able to drive it but seems like 4 gear with reverse to right and forward.
    I thought 3spd was the norm...?!

8. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Find an autolite 4100 . I have one on my 292. It runs great. Do a full rebuild on it and mke sure to replace the diaphram on the vacume secondaries.

9. Go with post #8 for the 4-barrel selection.

If the stick comes out of the top of the box, you probably have the real truck 4-speed box with the low low 1st gear. Crawl under it, it probably has a PTO (power take off) plate on the side of it.

Bob