Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Y block 4bbl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Finally was able to get the Y block 4bb1 intake from @'59Edsel thanks for finally coming through.

Attached Files:

dana barlow and s55mercury66 like this.
  2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not a "Y"-block guy, but I'm kinda curious; are "Y"-block 4 BBL intakes that scarce?

56 ford custom likes this.
  3. No but for the price I couldn't pass it up. It was a giveaway.

4. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

The 1957 Y-block stock parts are the ones that can make the most HP if stock parts are the way one wishs to do it that way. The 57 4bbl intake has best flow an fits the best carbs. But lots of great aftermarket cool stuff around as well.

5. Smiffy

Smiffy

Edelbrock made a great manifold had one on a 55 Y Block I use to run.

dana barlow likes this.
  6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Glad it got worked out.

7. Well he left me hanging and still never responded to me. My buddy messaged him and made a deal with him for me. I picked him up and met the guy at the same place yesterday and bought it. The guy didnt even know it was me with him.

JeffB2 likes this.
  8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Blue Thunder, Mummert, are the only ones now. 57 was the only year for the big base carb manifold from Ford. Never knew the Edsel 292 to have a 4 barrel stock; the 4 barrels were on the bigger engines.

9. Actually the large base 4 bbl manifolds where in use in other years than 57. some later mercurys used them. I seen one on a 59 merc 312 at a auction just last month. and F600 ford trucks up until 64 with the 292 sometimes used them. If you swap Hub cap 006.JPG Hub cap 007.JPG to the better intake you need a 57 or newer dist.

mctim64 likes this.