Register now to get rid of these ads!

X member selection 32 frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jobbless, May 23, 2011.

1. jobbless

jobbless

I am looking for a few opinions on what to do for a center x member. I am putting a 32 frame under my 30 roadster. It will have a 354 hemi and 5 speed. I was thinking of buying a chassis engeneering kit. But I wanted someone elses point of view. I am not looking for tube stuff. Does anyone else make a 34 style x member for 32s?

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Take a look at the X member kit from Ionia Hotrod Shop

3. I've never used the Ionia X member,,but I would think they make an excellent product.

We have used the Chassis Engineering X member under several 32's,,including my pickup and have always been happy with the results. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

There used to be a few makers before the 1-800 frames took over. I bought this unused X member kit for 75 bucks 25 years ago at Carlisle. Nobody wanted to fix an original frame back then either. I really would not be that difficult to make your own if you can find a sheet metal shop to bend up the channel. The kit consisted of 3 pieces. The back piece from rail to rail and the 2 bent legs. I never cared for the tubing style either.