Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Wynn ' s Frictionproofing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by petritl, Jan 17, 2014.

1. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I recently bought this 1946 Schwinn B6 that someone put these neat water transfer decals on.
    I looked on Google but could find a match to these; any idea of when these were used?

I'd like to think that some boy got a hand me down bike and decided to make it their own.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

3. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Thats cool. Those are cool.
    I believe Wynns sponsored Don Garlits and was an additive in the 60's 70's.

4. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I had a Wynns jacket back about 1959 or '60. I was stylin' (and 15 yrs old) :D

5. OGS41

OGS41

We sold Wynn's in the late 70's. Techs got to save the bottle tops and order merchandise out of a catalog. Was pretty good stuff esp their assembly lube. Bob Simmons was our route rep, driver of the Damn Yankee funny car, a great guy. Passed away a couple years ago

6. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

I worked for gas stations that sold Wynn's products in the 60's The oil treatment had a red plastic ring inside the can. I would break open the empty can and save the rings. When the rep came by,I'd get merchandise. Not a bad deal!

7. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Wynns was real popular in the 60s at dirt tracks. Are they still marketing it?

Ago

8. sasquatch12

sasquatch12

Up here in Ontario, at the stock car races back in the 60's, our Wynn's distributor towed around a trailer with an elevated dodge inline 6 mounted up on a square tube frame. This engine had NO oil pan, and he'd start it up and run it to demonstrate the slickness of Wynn's.
    Anyone else remember this?

9. Muttley

Muttley

Yep, here's a couple of Wynn's decals from my stash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. BG products did the same. I've gotten many a free tools selling it. BG went public and my dealer quit.

11. R Pope

R Pope

Haven't seen Wynn's for many years. The "Engine with no pan" story brought back memories! The local sales rep had a Chev 6 with the pan hanging on long bolts. He'd start it up with the pan full of Wynn's product, run it a second or two, then drop the pan down a foot or so and let it run like that for 15 minutes or so. Everybody thought that proved something, so I tried it at home....Drained the oil out of a junker engine and fired it up with wide open throttle. It roared away till it just ran out of gas! So much for that demo.....

12. Ole don

Ole don

Wynns Friction Profing was a good product. When I used it in my Vette, the car would stink through the blow by tube, but it would get better fuel mileage, and it seemed faster. It would not last an oil change though, at about 700 miles the stink went away, and so did the mileage increase.

13. paleot

paleot
    from louisiana

I saw a salesman demonstrate Wynns friction proofing in the mid 60s, accelerated old Buick V8 to 60 mph dropped an egg. Added Wynns to oil and let it circulate did test again egg was 22 feet further down the road. I still don't believe in snake oil additives!

14. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At 60MPH you're covering 88 feet per second. It's more likely that the rep selling the snake oil dropped the 2nd egg as soon as he saw the first one laying on the "test track".

15. Deuces

Deuces

Slick 50 did a info mercial (sp) some years back using a slant 6 Plymouth er Dodge motor...
    All those were solid lifter motors...