Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wymore Nebraska yards

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Sprout, Apr 21, 2018.

1. WOW....thanks for posting

2. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

Imagine walking through a jungle of weeds and trees, on hill covered ground, where large tractor tires have made ruts, or there is just a low area in a dirt path with no rock! It's like walking in slippery clay, if you can navigate around the large puddles! You can't even get to all of the cars fully, do to them being engulfed by trees or thorny branches (some of this can be seen in the photos). Also be aware, the reason that most of the older stuff is complete, is because he likes to sell them whole, and not part them out. I was just there a couple of months ago.

3. wizzard23

wizzard23

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I live about 50 miles from Wymore and used to frequent Watts. I found it difficult to deal with them price wise. Maybe I was a little naive on prices but whenever I asked about something I rarely got a price I though fair. Maybe they thought I was rich as I always drive a current year PU or maybe they just didn't like me? I haven't been for a few years and maybe things have changed?

5. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

Hasn't changed, and we are on a first name basis! Lol.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some times the price you get asked depends on what you show up in or how you are dressed when you show up. Or just because the owner decides not to give you a deal, I had to give my buddy the cash to get parts out of one local yard because I just flat couldn't get a deal out of them and they almost gave stuff to him.
    Good to see a couple of yards that haven't given in to the crusher's quick money and have the stuff available though.

7. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

I've been to the Wymore yards several times, particularly recall 15 years or so ago removing a wide five open drive rear from a 42 ford 3/4 ton pickup for my 32 vintage dirt car, the yard operator used a fork lift to move 2 other vehicles out of the way then picked up the rear & set it on my trailer for the grand total of $50.

8. Just a couple days ago the bearded guy running the place that day told me to expect to pay about $2,500 for most any gutted 50s car I was looking at.
    There was a crusher operating near the back.
    he asked for 200$ for a completely rusted 30s hood I picked off a trailer. I somehow talked him down to $40 but its not the way I like buying stuff.
    " 30,000 but I can be talked down to 100 if I make you work for it"
    oh well, now I have to figure out what I want to do with a 1939 hood for a wall decoration :)

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018