Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wymore Nebraska yards

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Sprout, Apr 21, 2018.

1. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Heard of Watts for years but never took the time to go. Looks like a destination road trip. Thanks for sharing.

Sprout likes this.
  2. .........now that was fun!, thanks for posting, some neat cars there, a kinda rare 60 Bel Air hardtop and a 61 Impala 2 door sedan, ...I like that 40 Chev sedan delivery...I'd pay to walk thru those yards...

Sprout likes this.
  3. Sprout

Sprout

Well you wouldn't have to. They are free

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

oldsjoe likes this.
  4. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Thanks for taking time to post them. Really cool. Bob.........

Sprout likes this.
  5. missysdad1

missysdad1

Spotted a pair of '55 Pontiac 'wagon tail lights that a custom guy would kill for...

scotts52 and Sprout like this.
  6. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

I've been going to Watt's for many years. Decent prices on stuff. It takes about a whole day to get thru it. Lots of nice old iron. He is only open till noon on Sat. One time I saw a big dually with a very large trailer from California heaping with parts. Shorty-the owner said they come back once a year for a load.. Check it out if at all possible. I haven't been to Johns for quite awhile, don't know much about him.

Stogy and Sprout like this.
  7. Sprout

Sprout

Definitely over load of stuff to see at both

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy likes this.
  8. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

:)Man I would like to just move in there. Thanks for the pics.

Stogy likes this.
  9. grichards790

grichards790

I’m about 25 miles from them. Watts is pretty reasonable price wise. It’s like going back in time. He has a Facebook page with his number and he does PM’s on there. It’s worth a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy likes this.
  10. My buddy scored a perfect 55-59 GMC cab there. Was from a fire truck. It goes on his 59 gmc. He also got some really nice 55-56 GMC fenders and chrome grille/hood for it too.

Stogy likes this.
  11. elgringo71

elgringo71

Thank you very much for posting these pictures of The Field of Dreams. There aren't many places like this left anymore.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Sprout thanks for posting...I second what @elgringo71 said. Being from ole extremely rusty Ontariario I can say there is plenty to salvage there...again thanks for your documenting this and sharing for those here that may be looking.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  13. 392

Very impressive, right now is good time before weeds and grass green up.

14. overland.jpg
    Thanks for taking the time to post all those pics. Love this wagon but what caught my attention was the 1920s radiator surround and dogbone cap on the phaeton. Looks like a Overland surround that everyone want,s for their speedster project.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Terrible80

Terrible80

16. conestogaman

conestogaman

17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

18. What is that touring car next to the '53 Chevy wagon? Is it an Oakland as someone suggested?

19. fortynut

fortynut

My instincts tell me there are some badass rattlesnakes near those junipers, and you know they like sunning themselves on some of that old tin. Junkyard business is good but be cautious about the critters. Wasps, hornets and maybe a few of those clever scorpions in the warm season, though I may be talking out of turn. It might be like Ireland up there in God's Country. I had the budget for a road trip I would love to walk around and gawk. It reminds me of some of the junkyards where I wasted a good .part of my misspent youth. Thanks for the pictures. After being on the HAMB it'll be like the gold rush. People with trailers and rollbacks, fist fights over claim jumpers. Wonder if I could bring a roach coach? Keep us posted.

20. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

the 60 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe is interesting, and are very hard to find.

21. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

Most generally we don't have rattlesnakes around this area. I've been going down there for 35-40 years and have never seen any kind of snake. The hornets yes: bring a can of Raid Hornet spray to be on the safe side. No scorpions! Bring water, sunscreen, gloves, and a camera and you will have a good day. Oh yea, don't forget tools and I always take my swapmeet bag.

catdad49, 48fordnut and Stogy like this.
  22. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

The first group of pictures are from John's Muscle Cars and Classic Cars, phone 402-674-3147. the last group is from Watt's Salvage and Repair,Phone 402-645-8066. Most of the old iron is in Watt's yard, he goes by "Shorty" a real nice guy. Shorty did say one of the last times I was down there that he would like to retire sometime. So anybody might want to get down there in their near future to look around.

48fordnut and Stogy like this.
  23. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

I bought a complete '61 Chevy Biscayne 2 Dr. Sedan from Watts in about 2000, with a title for $300! Since then however, he has gone way up on his prices. A few years after that, a friend asked about a '63 Ford Galaxie stripped carcass, and was told it would cost $1300! I haven't been able to get a bargain since then. That's why the oldies have been there forever. If you go, bring a machete, and don't go after any rain!

24. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

He told me it would be passed on to his son in law he is grooming to take over. I am sure John's will buy it all if the time comes!

25. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Explain the problem with rain, please. Does it turn into a swamp?

26. gsnort

gsnort
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, wow, wow, wow, and wow. So cooooooool. Thanks for this. Very much appreciated.

27. Squablow

Squablow

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Lots of good custom car pieces out there, '54 Olds grille bar and hockey stick moldings, '53 Chevy grille teeth, 46-48 Olds waterfall grille and a '55 New Yorker bar all caught my eye. That tall T coupe body didn't look horrible, either.

Were you able to buy anything on this trip?

28. Thanks for sharing, I always love old junkyards.

29. Now you are making me buy that farm in Nebraska and collect a few of these gems.
    When I lived in Omaha about 30 years ago I knew of this yard but never got to visit.
    There are a few other yards in Northern KS and southern NE that still have some old stuff.