Register now to get rid of these ads!

www.hunnertcarpileup.com

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Sep 16, 2003.

1. magnet

magnet

The revised hunnertcarpileup website is up...

pics from last year....

this years sponsors....

mail list....

message board....

BANDS....

info you need for the show at http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com

2. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Less than 25 days!

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

YAHOO!!!! We got rooms at a group rate!!!

Call the Microtel - Phone 815-899-6500
    Rate $40 per nite + tax

for either 1 or 2 beds per room

They are reserved under the name HAMB

Smoking and non smoking reserved. Call now for "best" selection. [​IMG]

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

Denise, you ROCK!!!!!!!!!
    I'm booked in.

6. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Denise!!!
    Cool! I just called 'em back, and they rebooked me at the HAMB rate! Thanks alot! I owe ya a.....sumptin'!

7. magnet

magnet

Anyone got an estimate of how many cars are gonna show up? I will be going around taking pics of every car that was entered with my digital camera. It will make for a good pics page on the pileup website.

8. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

I got my room!!! thanks D. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Jaker

Jaker

I'm going to estimate a 'hunnert' cars will show up.

10. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Looks like great fun, if I can get my gears changed and if they dont quit selling primer Ill be there.All hell! Ill be there anyway.See ya!

11. magnet

magnet

I may actually hava a car that runs, so i might be bringing something.

12. 30roadster

30roadster

PBR as a sponsor...YIKES!....I have some bug and tar remover that tastes better [​IMG] - man I need to get one of my pos's driving... very cool pic's from last year! and I love Chicago!

13. Just got my room too. Thanks Denise setting up the HAMB deal. Once I mentioned the HAMB I was treated like royalty.

I will be there on Thursday night and some more of the Toppers will be down on Friday evening.

I have some meetings for work that I will be at all week only 65 miles away from Sycamore and they get over on Thursday afternoon. So if I can get them to let me take a pickup from work I will throw my roadster on a "trailer" and bring it with me. [​IMG]

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Glad to hear you guys are all getting the "royal" treatment. They said they'd throw in hookers and a stocked bar in each room, complimentary. I said it wasn't necessary, just be nice to the guys on the phone, thats all they ask for [​IMG]

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

[ QUOTE ]
    PBR as a sponsor...YIKES!....I have some bug and tar remover that tastes better

[/ QUOTE ]

well, c'mon up and bring some Lone Star with you!

Eyeball, we'll be working on setting everything up on Friday, so swing by the shop and help out! [​IMG] One of the guys in my club is DJing in Chicago that night, too.

We're also going to have a Post Pileup Clean-up/BBQ on Sunday for all you HAMBers who don't want to drive home early. Might play a little kickball or hot rod polo, too.

16. topdeadcenter

topdeadcenter

TWEAKED47 and I will be there for sure. Got our room today. Too bad I think I am going to have to bring the ricer [​IMG] [​IMG]

TDC

17. topdeadcenter

topdeadcenter

I NEED very detailed directions! I can't find the shop on map quest. How far is it from the Microtel?

TDC

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

there are directions/maps to the shop on the website www.hunnertcarpileup.com the shop is on the edge of town, and Microtel is on the other... they're about a 5 minute drive apart. Get Microtel's address and plug it into MapQuest/YahooMaps/etc. It always comes up correctly in Yahoo Maps. When you're heading out to the shop look for a big tractor dealership. The shop is across the street.

19. magnet

magnet

20. Looks like Mark X and I will be rolling up from TX on Friday.
    I assume the Microtel is the host and there will be a party brewing when we roll in 10-11 Fri night. Don't dissapoint the Texas boys

I tried to book rooms under HAMB and they laughed at me, got the $40 rate though. They put me in a handicap room, is that foreshadowing????

TZ

21. Wowcars

Wowcars

I'll be running with 4 other Toppers the 500 mile trip in a chopped '48 Chevy. Should be interesting trip to say the least. So, count me in.

22. i don't have diddly squat running as far as 4 wheeled things, so i'll just bring up my new choppa. do i get a half price entry fee for only having 2 wheels? hahahaha!

23. magnet

magnet

flt-blk
    Microtel is not the host... Marty and Sons auto body is the host.. there should be a little set up going on that night so if you get in before 10ish swing by the shop and lend Drew a hand :) It sounds like most people are staying at the Microtel, should be fun.
    If you are around chicago early friday night .. "Chrome Czar Riverat" is DJ'ing at a bar called club Foot (Club Foot 1824 W Augusta Chicago 773-489-0379) in Chicago (approx 1 hour east of sycamore) ... a few of us will be there.

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

Club Foot is a cool bar and Tommy is a great guy.

After the set up, there are bars in town, but Abomber30(Drew) will have to fill you in on that one.

25. abomber30

abomber30
    from syc, ILL

I will try to have everything setup before friday! So we can just have fun! JP and the Cats are playing at the local bowlin' ally/ bar. never heard em before maybee we can go crash that show. drew

26. magnet

magnet

I will be out friday afternoon to pitch in drew.. i got the whole day off :)

27. nummnut

nummnut

flt-black. let me know if you guys get in early from Texas, I was incarcerated in Texas for 2 years, Victoria to be exact. If you come thru Chicago we can hook up! And the invitation is still open if someone wants to fly in to O'Hara I can pick them up.

28. If we leave at 8:00 I figure it's a 14-15hr drive, we should be there by 10 or 11. I will print some directions to the shop before we leave. If not look for a couple annoying Texans heckeling passers by at the hotel.

We probably won't come up through Chi-Town, I is a bit off the path.
    See you there.
    TZ

29. magnet

magnet

Great! be sure to inroduce yourselves saturday.

30. am i just plain stupid? where do you find the info for pre-registration? Checked the site, can't figure it out