Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs WTF ! I got a warning for loud exhaust !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't belive you posted this!! Your complaining because you were breaking the law and got caught!! Wise up !!!

2. Deuces

Deuces

I think so!! :rolleyes:

3. grm61

grm61
    from Washington

4. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

Yeah,sure,my attitude is rotting society.I have a neighbor who has five ankle biter dogs that go berzerk with their barking every time a car drives by. I hate it with a passion. Do I call the cops or dog warden(there is a noise ordinance here). No,I try to live and let live.

What kinda mufflers you got on your traditional hot rod? Supertrapps?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  5. Deuces

Deuces

Mine?? A pair of stock factory issued mellow tones...

6. jipp

jipp

that is a interesting question not for sake of argument but out of curiosity.. but what mufflers were used back in the 50s? i am not trying to argue, or take any side.. i have always ran mufflers.. depending on what i was driving always seem to use cherry bombs.. laughs.. flow master once.. but the cherry bombs just sounded cool to me.

i know we see in vintage photos open headers, but these photos are also at tracks and such.. id think they running some kind of muffler on the street, from all the movies v seen from this time period.. cops did not care for the hot rodders.. laughs. this could of been a made up Hollywood thing tho so i do not know.. i was not around during this time period.. im generation X.. i was suppose to drop out long ago. but i faild at that too.. hands head in shame.
    chris.

7. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

You're not real bright are ya? I'll.......speak.....slow..er,

Your car's cool.....But it sounds like shit...even June and Ward Cleaver think so...maybe it needs an aggressive cam.:rolleyes:

There's an Idea! How 'bout posting a you tube video of it...

8. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

jipp
    I don't know all they had in the 50's. I think it would have been Smithy's and similar style mufflers.Maybe Porters or Brockman's. Not sure when any of these came out.

9. jipp

jipp

makes you wonder if some people mistake loud for a well tuned engine running a hot cam. they associate the two and fail to realize what they are hearing? so the just assume open headers is giving them that tone they loved?
    chris.

10. jipp

jipp

ok, thanks.. will google some of them brands and see what i can dig up.
    chris

11. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

That's what I'm sayin'......Just because it doesn't have mufflers...doesn't make it a hot rod. I've seen adds for Smitthy's in the 50s hot rod mags, I don't know if the new ones sound the same though.

12. If you say so Lumpy ! You say I'm bragging then, and now I'm not real bright. I'll leave it at that... Your pretty funny.. Oh did I say that to fast for you.. LOL :D

13. their whole friggin island is sinking or becoming unihabiatable from radiation and no other country want,s them. That complaning woman should have been more considerate too. In a minute or two he would have been gone out of earshot. If you want peace & quiet move to where their aint any neighbors. When you are in the vicinity of others there are always things that have the potential to irritate other folks. OldWolf

14. rougebeats

rougebeats

"Now I try to be as quiet as can be when pulling the car out from the garage and not make waves".... how exactly do you do this with straight pipes? There is no such thing unless you roll in/out with the car not running. Buy some mufflers and be courteous to your neighbors cuz Im sure they can probably complain about more than just your pipes.

15. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Welcome to Washington.

16. 1320/150

1320/150

17. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

The next time it happens just offer her a Chesterfield and tell her Joe says it's O.K. to have loud exhaust.

Attached Files:

18. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Get some mufflers:eek:

19. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

x2. This thread sucks.

20. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Ten pages of bullshit.

21. coppertone

coppertone

Five years ago I was drinkin beer with a friend and remarked how I haven't had a warning for loud pipes in over 20 years. Uncapped the lakes pipes on my flathead right then and there---still haven't gotten a ticket, still uncapped.

22. 1929modela

1929modela
    BANNED

Just a thought, be glad it was a warning and put some mufflers on your car. Next time the Officer might not be so nice!

23. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Hey! Now you're catchin on!

24. historynw

historynw

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.37.390 Washington state.

(1) Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise, and no person shall use a muffler cut-out, bypass, or similar device upon a motor vehicle on a highway.

As for flowmasters......well we have all heard some combinations that were just loud. We had to take them off a car a couple years ago as they could be heard 4-5 cars back on the highway. It was unusual perhaps.

Using FLOWMASTER performance exhaust in conjunction with other performance modifications i.e. high flow air filters, air boxes, headers etc., can cause an increase in exhaust dB’s that could exceed allowable local limits. For additional information regarding exhaust laws please go to www.sema.org.

*from their website.

25. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

26. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah! :rolleyes:

27. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

Yah but it sure is fun when you go thru a parking garage! ;)

28. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

And you read every one?!

29. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Haha, hell no I didn't!! I just keep seeing it on the main page :D

And of course now I'm adding to it..... Dammit!!

30. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Aren't you just a breath of fresh air?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.