Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs WTF ! I got a warning for loud exhaust !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah! Get's expensive after awhile.. :(

2. badshifter

badshifter

Making noise for noises sake, with anything is annoying.

And, reminds me of a neighborhood story.
    Every neighborhood has an a-hole in it. If you don't know who they are, you're it!

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Beautiful car , no doubt .
    Ya got off with a warning - MUCH better than a fine ! I'd use it as an excuse to get some mufflers . It'd probably sound better anyways ...

4. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Hell with neighbors.............................. Live out in the woods hah..

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      43.1 KB
      Views:
  5. S.F.

S.F.

what kind of mill is in this jalopy?

6. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Smittys sound great on a flathead, and frankly, inline sixes with straight pipes are annoting to anyone.

7. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

A few years ago the local police got tired of the complaints about loud motorcycles and vehicles. Technically they can ticket you for any modification from stock exhaust and make you tow the vehicle and they did just that. If it had straight pipes they added a disorderly conduct charge.

Some idiots tried to fight it in court using the "loud pipes save lives" excuse and one judge said that might work if the pipes were pointed forward.

Remember that although you might like the sound of loud exhaust, others might not enjoy it and it's louder outside the vehicle.

8. OneBad56

OneBad56

Did I miss the reason why you posted this offence in the first place?

BTW, I would have thrown the book at you and gone for a complete inspection.

9. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

What did you say sir - speak up i can't hear over these loud pipes!!

Attached Files:

10. Put mufflers on your car, and get a recording of your car on your ipod with ear plugs, turn up the volume, and problem solved.

11. Flathead six, with Twin carbs and Red's header. I always try to be quiet coming and going from out of the garage.

12. nh-lead-man

nh-lead-man

Do you have inspections in your state? Well a neighbor that has never spoken to you!! Apparently she is a widow or she would have sent her old man. regardless I would have told her to go herself and left it to that. What you got to loose, she she doesnt speak to you anyway. If that doesnt work ask her if her fire insurance premimum is paid up!! Hope that helps !!

13. so your a officer of the peace ?(asking to be serious, not joking) So please tell me what complete inspection would be?

14. 6inarow

6inarow

piss off the wrong constable and you will find out. it changes your attitude real quick

15. She is married and has a husband. I came home, and they both were sitting on there porch swing out front( No I wasn't driving the 49, was in my OT car). I spoke to a few other neighbors today, and what I was told they aren't neighborly in anyway and lived there for a year. No state inspections here other than emmisions test for OT cars.

16. Deuces

Deuces

Oh, your good!! :rolleyes: :eek:

17. That I will avoid for sure. Thanks

18. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

There was a guy in Redondo Beach that had a Baja Bug with megaphone exhaust, no baffle. The neighborhood got together and each one filed a complaint for disturbing the peace. Normally, one offense would be probation. 35 individual complaints, they guy got jail time.

Now, in California, there's defective muffler which was a fix-it ticket. There's another law which is modified exhaust. This is a fix-it plus fine. If the same cop catches you again or another cop checks your record and finds a ticket for the same violation on the same car, he can cite you for failure to comply. This is a fix-it, fine and 1 point on your record.

When I got my shoebox, it had lakepipes with baffles. When I took her on a 35 mile ride down the freeway, I ended up installing glasspaks. Maybe I'm too old and want to save what hearing I have left, but it's a lot nicer. I leave for car shows at the crack of dawn. I wouldn't blame the neighbors for being pissed. My Gasser is parked on the side of the house. I push her out into the street before starting her, otherwise, it might rumble my neighbors house.

19. Really!! my 51' has basically open exhaust I've driven next to cops with no problems! 302 ford with cam and headers, no problems! I've personally tried to get busted to see if my exhaust is to loud and nothing! I guess it depends where you live!

20. Take you lawn mower and remove the muffler use a 10 inch lenght of pump pipe going to a tee and then use 3/4 diameter pump pipe to make duals about four feet long. That will let her know what loud really is. Start it up in the early AM just before daylight aming it at her bedroom window. when the light comes on sut it off. repete until it isnt fun anymore.:eek: OldWolf

21. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Wow, that must suck having an open exhaust and only getting away with a warning. :rolleyes:

22. jipp

jipp

if i slept that would probably bug me.. but what it dose tell me, do not piss you off, and im glad i do not live in the same state as you :D hope you are having a great night.

chris.

23. customs by jason

customs by jason

its your car do what you want to it. i say tell the people next door to get back in there yard and shut the hell up

24. Your ears and hearing will thank-you 20 years down the road.:D

25. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

HA HA Sounds like alot of you "traditional hotrod" guys forget hotrods are suppose to be loud and upset the public.

26. seams like the town i live in has 30k cars...but only 15k mufflers. open exhaust can make your car sound like a garbage truck. cars usually sound better with some kind of muffler.

27. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Do it i dare ya haha..................Take you lawn mower and remove the muffler use a 10 inch lenght of pump pipe going to a tee and then use 3/4 diameter pump pipe to make duals about four feet long. That will let her know what loud really is. Start it up in the early AM just before daylight aming it at her bedroom window. when the light comes on sut it off. repete until it isnt fun anymore.:eek: OldWolf

28. Special Ed

Special Ed

Yeah, brilliant... Antagonize everyone in the neighborhood within earshot, that will certainly improve the situation. :cool:

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. See how many enemies you can make out of people who vote. That's a winning strategy.

30. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

That's a fringe benefit but has nothing to do with Hot Rodding..If it's SUPPOSSED to be loud and upset the public it's a rat rod. It's like blondes with fake jugs and little dogs..Only looking for attention.........
    If it happens to be loud because it was built with the intent of breaking the sound barrier That's a hot rod.........and since this car is running a slightly warm six, Traditionally it should have some mufflers, unless of course he throws some olds fiesta caps, a visor and some curb feelers on it.....The line is clear between Hot Rods and attention whores. ...And P.S.
    This is a "Traditional Hotrod" customs forum....So If you wanna talk about something else I'm sure Ol Skool rodz forum would be glad to have you. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.