Register now to get rid of these ads!

WTF Happened?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Razorshotrods, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

Was having trouble with the 700r4 in the 55 today, setting the TV cable, Took it for a test drive and it was shifting but not properly when all of a sudden the front started shaking so bad by the time i could hit the brakes we spun sideways and skid into the curb. Thought I blew a tire, running coker bias ww. Got out checked everything no blown tire, everything tight wheel bearings etc..... Drove to tranny shop and it was the gear on the govenor was sheared? Could this have caused the shake so bad that i spun out? verything is tight, running mono leafs front and rear, all bolts etc tight. Me and my 4 year old boy so I am a liitle scared now with him in the truck. Any one else have this happen? oh ya was only doing about 40 mph.

2. squirrel

squirrel

when the governor stopped turning, the trans thought it was supposed to be in a lower gear, and downshifted....right? Just a wild guess. You probably need to look the truck over very carefully though.

Usually when the govorner stops turning the trans won't upshift.

3. Special Ed

Special Ed

"The front started shaking"... as in you felt the shaking in the steering wheel?

4. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

yes, the steering wheel.

5. onedge

onedge

i gota study on this "governor was sheared off" your talking about.

6. squirrel

squirrel

gear on the governor was sheared off. Little plastic gear, it's a common problem.

7. 440shawn

440shawn

I think squirrel hit the nail on the head. Our heavy trucks with auto trans will do the same thing when the gov is fuc?ing up.