Register now to get rid of these ads!

WTD: A hotrod for a wedding in Southern Alberta for May long weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Graham M, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Hey guys, just thought I'd ask here. A friend wants to "rent" a hodrod for a wedding on the May long weekend. He's not picky as to what it is at all, just something pre muscle car era.
    Basically he just wants to leave the wedding in the rod, thats it, and possibly use it for the photo's as well.

Im not too sure if anybody on here would be willing to rent out their car/truck, but Im just posting this on his behalf.

Pm me if you want.

Specifically this is in Calgary Alberta. Hes not picky at all as to what kind of rod. So car/truck/coupe/sedan/roadster, its all good. I dont know how much he'd be willing to pay, but Im posting this on behalf of a friends brother. PM me and I'll connect you to him directly.

2. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

um.... anybody please

3. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

check with local clubs. folks as a rule won't rent a car to a stranger but would do a limo type deal. My coupe waz in a couple

Attached Files:

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Look up and call the Foothills Street Rod Association. They may be able to help with an owner driver situation.

Very unlikely anyone will hand over the keys and vehicle like a rental.

5. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Yeah its a long shot I know. Its not really a rental, theyd be driving it for all of 10 seconds while leaving the wedding with it while filmed, the owner is fully welcomed to be there obviously. yeah I tried on a few local forums without much luck, so this was my last resort basically.

Alright, Ill check out that Foothills street rod association. Thanks Blue One!

6. just a thought but what's the story with your own 38 hot rod half ton? :)

7. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Im not finished it yet. It wont be ready for a while, still has to go in for paint.

8. It's not worth it. My brother did it once with his 1941 Buick Limited Sedan--never again. There are liability issues as well. I know my insurance policy prohibits me from using my 1937 Ford in that way, even if I was driving it myself. TM