Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wrong person cash check

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terrarodder, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Anybody have this happen to them. I agreed to sell one of our Canadian HAMers an item. He E-mailed me to see if I sent it, I told him I didn't get his check yet. After about 2 weeks he tells me the check was cashed in a different city. Some how it was delivered to the wrong address and somebody forged my name on it. I would like to find where it was cashed and raise hell. Not only is it mail fraud but also forgery.

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FBI, they take that shit seriously.

3. I'm not sure they would work the case if you called it in...your not the one who was defrauded. Sure, your name was forged, but I think the other person would have to complain about it, since his money was stolen. It would be interesting to find out though...I think the FBI is the right place to start.

Did the guy put the wrong address on the envelope or did the post office screw up?

4. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

have had it happen here in california, nothing i could do, it's the person that wrote the check that has to file a claim, which seemed crazy to me as they forged my name, good luck with that

5. roundvalley

roundvalley

I mailed a $300 check payment that was not received. Found out it was cashed in another city in Arizona with the payto name changed . The asshole put his own name on it. Post office found that it was stolen out of my outgoing mail box. My bank put the funds back into my account and said no problem, it happens all the time.

LOCAL CRACK HEAD STILL IN JAIL!

6. big bad john

big bad john

.........Same thing happen to me.......found out later...they never caught the guy who forged my name.....bank never stood behind the guy....he was out the 75 bucks..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.