This morning I went out to the shop bright and early to solve the fuel delivery problem and fix the gas gauge, which was (sort of) related. Got the fuel delivery problem fixed, which turned out to be a pump that almost, but not quite, delivered the correct 58-60 psi, and then turned my attention to the gas gauge. I wanted to check the gauge itself, and pulled the gauge panel from the dash, which required the shifter to be pulled out of park, and quickly found it was a break incontinuity of the wire to the sender. Turns out, I'd pulled a plug in connector apart inside a loom, and remembered catching a wrench on it doing something else. To make a long story short, I turned the key to on, and the gauge then worked properly, reading just over a quarter tank. I turned it "Off" (I thought) and reinstalled gauge panel. I buttoned the tank back up, and put the box floor back down (easier to lift the plywood floor, than drop the tank), and was going to re-install all the trim, but then thought I'd better check the gauge one more time before getting everything all back together. From the passenger side, I leaned in turned the key to what I thought was "On", but turned out to be "Start". I had evidently left it in the "On", position when I got out of the cab after putting the gauge panel back in, and... ...of course, it started instantly, on the high idle because it's cold, lurched ahead about 6 or 8 feet and crashed into a 4" OD DOM tube I have standing in a pockets in floor for to pull damage. That stopped it before it crashed into the '48 Pontiac convert, my Onan generator and through the back wall of the shop into the Chris Craft which is in an addition on the back of the garage. Thankfully it didn't catch my sleeve, and pull me under the rear wheel, or into the 800lb woodstove it also narrowly missed. "Why don't you have a neutral safety switch in a new build, Brian?" your saying, and the answer is... I DO! IT'S IN THE LOKAR SHIFTER ON THE TOP OF THE TRANSMISSION!!! It was adjusted and worked properly when I installed it 2 years ago, and has (seemed) to work fine, until today, when of course, not intending to start the truck at all, it fails or is out of adjustment. I am sick. The damage is pretty hard to the right front fender, which is buckled in the middle and pushed back about 4" in front. The bumper brackets are bent over, and the left one tore the left fender opening it passes through. The bumper is of course, toast, folded in three places. The hood got shoved back against the cowl and chipped the paint on the cowl, and the grill shell at the front when it got pulled back by the fender. Looks to me like 3-5K to repair. Thankfully, the grill isn't damaged, nor the headlight bucket or it's mount, and the running board isn't buckled. The fender can be saved, as it is a on-off, being widened 3". I have Hagerty insurance on it, and just last week added coverage to enable it to be driven. So, I can drive it somewhere to get fixed, because I'm to upset, right now, to even look at it.