Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wrecked my T Bucket and lived.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Sep 6, 2008.

1. orphaneddie

orphaneddie

and that is another reason I decided not to join the force... fuck it man, you turn into a robot! Glad you have all ten fingers and toes!

2. Good thing you had a witness. Its never the cops fault.:confused:

Hope you get to feeling better and hope you can fix your car or make the City of Houston fix it preferbly.

3. pitman

pitman

For the loss you went through, there's some real strength in how you reacted, thanks for showing all of us how Fred!

4. so tfeverfred how ya feelin and whats nec=xt for the car??

5. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Most important- you are all right. Car can be fixed or replaced. Could have been oh so much worse! You have a great attitude though.

All I could do is smile when I read posts about hiring a lawyer & sue the shit out of them for the big lotto payout.
    I'll give you 2 examples of how easy it is to sue & go to easy street.:rolleyes:

1st example is a story about a few bad cops. I'll lead this off by saying many of my friends are retired cops & all of them are into hot rods. Very cool guys that would give you the shirt off their back if needed. My best friend is a retired Montebello cop. Are al cops bad? Nope. All all hot rodders bad? Nope.
    Now the story.
    My step dad has a beautiful 29 full fendered roadster. Mom's driving the motorhome & we're all following the motorhome w/ about 7 other rods on the way back from Havasu- me included in my car at the time, a 40 Ford. We just crossed into California. Motorhome gets a blow-out. Pull on shoulder. Motorhome is off pavement totally. Rods all pull in front of motorhome- just in case. Glen jacks up rear of MH & stands up to get the spare- all of a sudden, we see a pick-up whiz by, wheels on shoulder & we hear a loud slap. Look over & Glen is down. Truck stops about 1/4 mile ahead & sits there. Glen is out cold & bleeding. Comes to & has no idea what just happened. 4 people pull over & saw what happened. In 5 minutes, the plce is swarming w/ highway patrol & a few locals too. In the back of the truck was a 12' long 4x4 piece of lumber tied down diagonally across the top of the bed. When the truck drifted to shoulder- he was caught in the back & shoulder by the lumber. Broke his back- dislocated shoulder, compound arm fracture w/ bone protruding. So who was driving the truck? Female off duty Highway Patrol. 4 eye witnesses, a police report noting position of motorhome & pictures of truck w the lumber sticking nearly 5" out the side of the truck should have been a slam dunk. Cops that showed up all backed the off duty cop's story of Glen possibly being drunk- even though he blew a 0- except the local PD- which were on our side. 5 years later & untold amount of money & 2 attorneys- he gave up & dropped the suit.

2nd story- not auto related. MIL is in a home. We find out she has been abused & battered. Gets sepsis & looses her ability to walk. Suffering & pain is imaginable. Bed sores lead to partial amputation. If I was illegal- probably could get a free attorney but no- we are working fucks & have to pay. Started this 2 years ago. 2 months ago- MIL passes away from complications of infections. Lawyer is very confident we will win but in the meantime- I'm out so far- 30k & no end in sight. When she died, it changed everything & may reduce settlement amount. It's like starting over. Go back to court Nov 4th for the submission of death. With the economy the way it is- I don't know if I can finish the battle- even w/ the overwhelming evidence.

It sucks but anyone who thinks payday is a meer phone call away hasn't got a clue.

Hire an attorney. That way, they know you are serious. Not all will want the case & probably not free. There are no guarantees. No slam dunks. No lotto's. All you can hope for is they talke you serious & settle. Deal w/ your insurance- let them handle the legwork. Hopefully- you will get a reasonable settlement that will pay your bills.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  6. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I like your attitude concerning lawsuits but dude, lawyer up! You are stuck dealing with a city that will do anything to not admit guilt.

About 15 years ago a good friend of mine was a paasenger on a motorcycle when a cop pulled out of an alley in front of him/ the driver. The officer said he was going after a speeding car, but witnesses said there wasn't any car. My bud almost died on the table, busted a lot of bones, and missed a year and half of school while recovering. His parents dealt with the city (he was underage at the time) and got nowhere. The city claimed that the city or officer could not be sued because it happened in the "line of duty". My friends parents had to sue their own insurance to recover very little for him. He has numerous issues due to this accident, had to get a GED from missing so much school, and only recovered medical bills and lost wages at the time (he was working minium wage) and was forced to sue his parents insurance to get that.
    LAWYER UP

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  7. -Brent-

-Brent-

Old thread, CoolBreeze... He's already gone through all the hoops and even rebuilt the car.

8. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Opps , now I feel stupid, I read the date wrong!

9. also glad to hear youre ok, my dads had the same kind of thing happen with the cops.i dont undertstand theyre just people like us but somehow they dont see it that way. like they said it can be put back together easier than a person. ya never know maybe you can get to those things you never got to before?

10. Framewelder

Framewelder

Sorry about your car...but glad you are OK!

11. This thread is from 2008 fellas.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, there needs to be a way to lock threads after they are dormant for X amount of time.
    The problem is that guys go on google search for something and an old thread on here pops up and then they/we (been guilty myself) answer it and then find out that it was a couple or more years old.

13. garagebuilt51

garagebuilt51

yeah an then 10 people post after him saying stuff like this <<<<

14. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Since were already here anyway, what ever happened to the T bucket ? Did he fix it or is he still waitig on a check ?

15. the-rodster

the-rodster

16. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

17. gsport

gsport

old pictures... they don't show up now. i'd like to see some before and after pictures..

18. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Bet you're sore today Tfeverfred. You tell that cop, hope you get your T fixed up.:D:D

I've seen this more than a few times lately. I'll read through about four pages, then realize the post on page four is three or four years old. DOH!

19. rcr81

rcr81

Absoloutely, you need to send this post to the local newspaper " voice of the people " or whatever it's called there.

20. Where tha fuck ya been Fred!?!!?

21. rcr81

rcr81

Well shit....didn't see how old this was....f'em I'd send it anyway.