Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wrecked my T Bucket and lived.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Glad to hear you're alright, there's just a little size difference between your t and a cop car!

I'll second the advice for an attorney, your insuance company should hire one for you. ANY claims against a city require filling out the right forms before the claim is made. if you misfile or miss the deadline on those forms you are out of luck for any claim, lawyer or not.

2. 29paul

29paul

Talking on cell or playing on his little computer see them doing it all the time. Protect and serve my ass.

3. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fred, if you need help getting it back on the road, perhaps we in the H-town area can get together for a thrash.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

From what I could see and I'm sure you can imagine, my frontend is a total loss. I have no idea about anything else. I appreciate the offer and I'll let you guys know how things work out.

I'll be at our local meet-up tomorrow, so I'll be able to give a better account of what happened.

Thanks guys.

5. sawzall

sawzall

6. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Thank goodness you're alright. You are so, so lucky that there was a witness to the accident. If that person hadn't been there it would have been your word and against the cops, and you know where that road would end up. Now you have to deal with the bureaucrat bull shit of the city administrators. You have you're health now and in time you will be back to your cruising. Good luck to you.

7. glad to hear your ok, in the land of the living.. the T can be rebuilt.. Glad you had a witness, The cop sounds like a liar.

8. Harris

Harris

Glad to hear you're alright.

As a firefighter here in Brownsville, let me tell you, get a lawyer. If you've got the pockets, hire a real one, if not go the ambulance chaser route. I can understand your attitude about lawsuits and revenge, but by not getting one asap your putting yourself at risk.

I can gaurentee you the city of Houston's lawyers have already gone over the accident reports and will have a nice meeting with the cop sometime next week. I've seen citizens here get screwed over regularly by the city (when squad cars and firetrucks, greens divsion etc.) Understand the city has VERY deep pockets, and yes they will pay ten times the damages to you/your car in legal fees - experts etc. just to keep you from receiving your just due.

If the city pays for the damages to your car, they're admitting guilt - and their insurance rates will rise - that's why they will low ball you on repairs/medical claims or try to pass this off as your fault.

I honestly hope that Houston is better about these things than Brownsville, but I'd rather you be prepared for what's coming. If you need more info drop me a pm, more than happy to help. (or not - up to you)

On a more important note - to you and everyone else on here - USE YOUR DAMN SEAT BELTS!

9. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

Sorry to hear about your car, you've alot of build pics and the Youtube videos to show what a nice ride it was before the accident.
    Make sure you get full value for your parts and labor and med bills.

10. The good news is you are still with us and able to post this...the last thing we want to see is another "sad news from...post"...make sure that they replace and repair everything...including yourself ...to better than it was before...having been through a pretty bad one myself it's weird but a few weeks later aches, pains, headaches, etc. start to set in so keep a written record of everything as it all has a value...see ya on the road soon

11. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

He was and in a round about way, I let his buddies know it. It's his lying that makes me hurt even more. As I was waiting for the investigation to get done, the cops formed little groups of 3 or 4 and were talking about it. Then, they would turn and look at the lights cycle and shake their heads. They know what happened and how it happened. It was plain as day. The cop just wasn't paying attention. I even told a supervisor, that Monday through Friday, during peak traffic hours, the left turn signal is an arrow and north/south bound traffic has a red light. The cop probably patrols that area and was thinking I had a red. He forgot today was saturday, but most importantly, he wasn't paying attention. Plain and simple.

13. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Glad to hear your ok. Cars are replaceable, you life is not.

14. unibody

unibody

Like always, the cops think that they are above the law, Arrogant assholes. JMHO

15. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Always sad to see something like this happen. Just thank god it wasn't worse. Remember when cops were folks that you would run to? Now they are people that you run from!

16. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

lawyer needed bad cus it's a cop ,get one,a good one,the cops will let ya think your good tell your in court. Boy Scout,be __________

17. chucklz

chucklz
    from KC

I am glad you are able to post this thread. Get to a doctor then an attorney. A real attorney not a walking violation of the 6th amendment. Check for in-car video and Mobile Data Terminal activity. These records are available through freedom of information act. Some in-car video systems capture footage prior to the incident and are activated during a collision. Once again, I am glad you are alive and well enough to vent.

18. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

You're lucky there was a witness. Guess who they would have believed first?

20. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

EXCELLENT POINT!!! hell yeah!

21. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

Yes... lawyer... sue.. get as much money as you can cause if you dont and your back , neck, shoulders, hands ANYTHING get F*ed up cause of this down the road you'll regret it!! Plus.. he was an asshole so F* him too!
    Just what I would do.
    Anthony

22. Von Franco

Von Franco

Fred the hot rod gods were lookin out for you.Sorry to here what happened man ,I don`t have a whole lot of parts but your welcome to them, if I can help.........
    Endsville Franco.......................

23. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i know you are being sarchastic,i think,but i was rear ended 2 months ago when i was sitting at a red light...some yeah hoo with coke botle lense glasses rear ended me in my company truck,,,,he said he NEVER saw me..(i drive a 16 ft box truck!)

i could have sued,,but you know what,,,,i live by the Charlie Daniels code....

"i aint asking knowbody for nothing,if i cant get it on my own!!!!!"

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  24. plmczy

plmczy

Sorry to hear about that at least your still walking. Sounds like his fellow officers have better heads on their shoulders than the guy that hit you. later shawn

25. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

True story:

One day not long ago I happened two walk my dog past three cops that were standing around. One of them asked, "Is your dog friendly?"

Two of them laughed and the third looked a little nervous when I answered, "Yeah, sure. She only bites people who lie under oath."

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

26. Dirk35

Dirk35

Glad to hear your not seriously hurt. That sucks man about the whole situation. Hope it has a happy ending for you.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  27. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

FRED....

First ,
    I'm glad your OK and only sore!

Second ,
    I dislike the police ...ALOT....
    Who did you think they would care about ?

Third,
    LAWYER....Next phone call..............

FOURTH
    lawyer.....lawyer.....lawyer.....

Seriously ,Glad your OK and maybe I'll work out.........

28. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

The motor mount bent and the weld didn't break? Nice welding, man. As for the reimbursement, I hope you're planning to tow that thing to the most expensive Street Rod shop in the city to get a quote to rebuild before you do it yourself. Let those assholes pay you to rebuild your car better than it was. Anything that you'd do different if you were to redo it, do it now. Also, don't sign settlement papers for at least a couple weeks, spinal and other joint injuries can take time for the severity to become evident...

29. I'm glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt in the accident. The good Lord had an eye out for you. Thankfully there was also an eyewitness who stood up and told your side of the story. I'm sorry to hear about your T, but it can be replace as stated in other posts. I agree, get a lawyer and go after that cop, he deserves everything he gets. Not even checking up on you goes against the very grain of what a cop is all about.
    When you are done with him, build yourself another T and a closed car for in climate weather.

30. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

It sucks but you are OK and that is what matters.