Register now to get rid of these ads!

wrecked 1915 olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by triplexkustoms, Dec 1, 2006.

1. triplexkustoms

triplexkustoms

2. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

with the crank stuck out the bottom of the pan and drive shaft shoved into the rear axle, i am afraid that there is probably not much left to start with. but i'd sure give it the old college try.

3. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Someone still needs to redo that orphan. A lot of stuff will have to be made new, one off. Not a job for the average fabricator/hobbist, huh.

4. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

ROLLING DOWN THE HILL? He parked it on a non-level ground without making sure it was secured? Careless mistake cost him a bunch. Too bad.

5. klazurfer

klazurfer

Bad luck :( The R.I.P comment the poster on that board made seems a bit hasty ... That FINE Olds will probably be back on the road in a year or two .. or 3 . Wonder what it looked like when the owner bought it ..? Might have been found in a far worse shape than what it`s in at present.
    Klaz:)

6. HRH

HRH

Doesnt look bad to me, I'd fix it! Sheet-metal is just that, as long as it hasn't been in a fire its fixable? Feel bad for the guy, hope he has enough years to see it through.

7. low budget rodder

low budget rodder

The wrecked car was purchased by Rick Quirin. The Before shots of the car and the wrecked shots are posted on http://www.geocities.com/oldsmobile1915
    It is the first vehicle listed under the menu tab of "Share your pre-1930s Oldsmobiles" If you click on the photo you get the before shots and if you click on the text link you get the wrecked shots. Check it out... it's a heck of a project.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

That is really sad,... I have actually been looking for a Olds chassis, hood,grill & fenders of that era for a while now with no luck,.... what a shame!

9. Time to build a hot rod...

10. biggen

biggen

that cars about 5 miles from me

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Very sad! There are no parts for these cars, what is left is a doner for other restorations. Makes you think about all the car shows on unlevel lots filled with people, if you part it set the parking brake or chock the wheels.

12. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Man that sucks! What a nice car. I bet someone could fix her up.

13. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

itll be restored again.

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

This was posted about a year ago... still sad though

15. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

It would make a good Beverly Hillbillirs car.

16. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

I remember that. Something about a train car full of them at the bottom of Lake Michigan.