Register now to get rid of these ads!

wow!my flathead on frame...i like it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodderbilly, Mar 31, 2012.

1. That is way cool! Like your front shock mounts. I used F150 front mounts on our 32 frame but put too much bend in the arms - to clear larger headlights. Kept breaking bolts and actually snapped the forged mount couple times. Re built the setup and moved the lights about 2" up and forward to clear. All works fine now. Live and learn!!!

I may have missed it but where did the boat wheel come from???

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. i buy it on ebay ,a guy was selling 2 of this....1 was black and
    i take the red because match with my front shocks....is 15''

3. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Lookin' GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

4. yblock292

yblock292

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Nicely engineered project from the land of the Ferrari! I like the theme of the car, excellent. Also noticed you used a thick plate for your machined adaptor.

(the T-5 has that long pilot, I recalled that when I saw the plate: Is the plate aluminum?)

That Sport Coupe body is very classic...Don't see many of those as hot rods. (My Mom had a Sport Coupe when she was in her 20s, had many pics of it; it had a Cragar equipped 4-banger)
    Thanks for posting, welcome to the HAMB!

6. i think that the sportcoupe have a roof that can be modified like a 32 3w....is another work that i have in mind....
    plate is 2 cm steel..

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  7. malpassi fuel filter/regulator installed....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. looking for the right switchs position...i put toggle switchs and lights on the dash rail...
    oops!a brown wire in bad position there!ok ok..is all in working progress....eh eh..

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

9. i put some 2'' carb risers because the interference from carb to generator
    [​IMG]

10. a killer shoot..
    [​IMG]

11. Corn coupe

Corn coupe
    from CZ

Very cool car, might see you somewhere in Europe!

12. flatoz

flatoz

so is it registered? I know its meant to be really difficult there? how about an over all photo of the car outside now?

13. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Looks like you are ahead of me, I'm building a 30 Sport Coupe with an 8BA, 39 trans, full fenders. I started it several years ago and set it in the corner while I built a 60 mild custom Thunderbird. Just started back on it, tore it down to the bare frame last week for final details, rebuild and paint, plan on having it going by next fall.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      224.6 KB
      Views:
  14. Hi Gomez....and what you thing about the roof aesthetics? i really want to change something in the form,,especially the rear shape.....you?

15. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi rodderbilly.Looking good.Like the look of the engine paint scheme.The rest of the build is really nice too.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

16. thanks Leo....now waiting for the porter mufflers and bf goodrich whitewall tires....wow!

17. Listen my flathead ....wow! i'm waiting the porters...but what sound!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd7kVVWXE5g
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zd7kVVWXE5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  18. slim53

slim53

I don't think the YouTube link is working properly. It keeps bringing me to my YouTube profile. Car is looking great though!

19. try now..

20. here in italy is impossible....we make the documents for the plates in other europe countries...in this days i make a good picture...the plate you see is old one .....i'm going to make the plates soon...

21. you guys of flatheadmeltdown have really good rods....

22. just arrived the porter mufflers....i want to thanks Dave Ward and Mike Anderson for the nice t-shirt they send for gift....they are good guys to talk ......thanks!

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

23. Nice project love your build.

Frenchy

24. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Billy, you keep mentioning 'reshaping' the top...If you chop the top 3", and build a padded top (Carson style) slightly reshaped in back...you can get rid of the 'high hoop' at the rear bow, just tilting the vertical line forward slightly, and using a Hollywood rear window...
    This little Hollywood frame should be sewn into a canvas panel that unzips, in the trade they called this piece a 'Gypsy'.
    There was a famous Sport Coupe in Hot Rod Magazine in the mid '50s, had a top styled like that. Car was maroon, and full fendered. Top was outstanding!

25. I agree with you Mike,that top need to be ''reshaped''.....carson style is what i need to give the cool touch at the sportcoupe.....

26. Frenchy i appreciate your interest....when i put the porters i make another video....;)

27. brady1929

brady1929

28. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

she's pretty! And what are you runnin for a cam she sounds pissed! I like that! lol

29. i'm running a potvin 3/8 ,i did a good porting job and change the valve springs....and other works..;)