Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Wow - KustomLincolnLady, selling their '54 Lincoln Capri Kustom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeVille Gal, Feb 21, 2011.

1. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Can't believe that Debb (KustomLincolnLady) and husband Rob are selling their beloved Lincoln.

[​IMG]

We have missed them in the hobby for the past couple of years and now will really miss them, they have moved on to Harleys.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
  2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Sad to see them leave the hobby, or sell the Linc, they're great people!
    Rob builds VERY nice cars, it's a good one to buy!

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Man,if I owned that car the only way I'd be parting with it would be with someone prying the steering wheel from my cold dead hands.
    Still, I guess you just have to hope she goes to a good home.
    Best of luck with the sale.
    Paul

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Gorgeous car, great people! Sad to not see them as much at the car events but I know they are both enjoying that Harley!

5. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Thanks everyone, Vicki, Mark and Megan, I miss the car stuff SO much, but on the days its nice for shows were out riding. we have ridden to some shows, LOL so I still get to go once in a while. I wanted the Lincoln to be at Salina Ks SO bad, guess if she goes I'll never get to do that :( the days when we NEVER missed a KKOA show in over 15 yrs have gone, sadly.

I miss my car friends more than you will ever know.
    I really think that rob is going to regret this, but what do I know :(

He has his eye on a Screaming Eagle Road Glide, and doesn't want to sell the Road King I bought him for his Birthday, so this is the only way, as we are not having a bike pmt!!!
    I hate to do it, but we had it out twice the summer before last and only 4 times this past summer. I guess we had our fun with it and now it will be fun for someone else, hopefully!! It will be a very heart breaking day for me for sure, I have tears just typing this.
    Thanks guys!!

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Whatever makes you happy in life....by the way the headlight rings what are they from?

7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Gorgeous car. Sad to see car folks get out of the hobby, but I bet they'll be back.

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn that thing makes me wish I kept my merc.....I don't think I could have ever got it that nice though. Now where did I put that $41,000???

9. I would have let my Road King go, straight across for that Lincoln.

10. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Well Deb you still have the other Lincoln still. This will give you guys a push to get that one going.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hey Jarzen, I'll tell you what. Since you're getting tired of your Lincoln as proof of how you neglected to properly wash it at the GNRS (just kidding :D) why don't you buy that Lincoln and then give me your old turd.

I'd sever my arm to have either one......as long as they have an auto trans because I would not be able to shift and steer with one arm hehe.

12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Enjoy your life....it ain't no dress rehearsal.....Damn fine car by the way..

13. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

If i had that kind of money, i'd buy it in a heartbeat!! EVEN THOUGH IT'S ALREADY BUILT, Which is more than half the fun!!! Beautiful car, i'm in love!!

14. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

55 olds with the outside ring removed. I'll never forget when we first brought her out. we were outside on the balcony at the hotel for the Hangin Dice show in fort smith aK....there was a group of about 5 guys stooped down and looking it over, having a discussion about the headlights :p it was pretty funny listening to them

15. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Thank you Ian!!! and that is really the other half of the reason. he gets bored when its done!!!! I am sure we will have another car some time, but it won't be to the extent of the time and money we have in the Lincoln.

16. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Beautiful custom. How did you establish the sale price? I am sure it cost more than your asking price to build.

17. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

No Johnny we sold that one 2 yrs ago :( and we sold the Model A coupe last year. we have been doing car shows for 30 years, guess he needs a change for a while. i was really hoping he'd come back around, but that all ended when I bought him the Road King

He has been building Uncle Charlie , John Nolans 52 Buick, kustom and I was hoping the spark would come back, he says he just needs something new to take if were going, he thinks everyone has seen the lincoln LOL

18. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Deb we havent seen it in person out west. Maybe you should plan a road trip to LSR and bring it out to the west coast for some shows. Maybe that will reignite it and bring him back around.

Or I can make a cd that says dont sell the Lincoln you have one bike now.. and you can ut it on at night while he sleeps..:D

19. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

For sure it cost more than that to build,,,I guess one would say it is priced to sell !!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  20. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

:eek: LOVE it, I have been trying to get him to Kansas for about 4 yrs, I keep telling him it will be like a new car to everyone out there, but he says its not to me :(
    I'll take the CD!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    I tell him all the time that he won't ride the road king anymore if he gets a new one, he says he will!! Iknow to many people that have done this and the older bike just sits

21. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Trading four wheels, with gorgeous sheet metal around you, for two wheels with plastic and open air around you is tantamount to suicide...hate to say it, but there ain't no way I'd get on a bike with all the nuts out there on the highways these days...

Really sorry to hear you say you won't make it to Salina...it's the best it's ever been...and I've been going to them for quite a while.

R-

22. MemoreeMaker

MemoreeMaker

Hi deb, Was shocked when you sold the Pontiac but this is an even bigger shock. For "Old Times" sake why not show it one last time at the Lead Scene East event I'm putting on. That Lincoln should have no problm taking home some of the over $3000 in cash & prizes we're giving away. All class winners will leave with money in there pocket. Hope to see that Lincoln cruising into Gettysburg in June
    Video Bob

23. the other me

the other me

UH OH...is somebody having a midlife crisis? JK... Sorry to hear of the sliping away from the car scene, but being a biker person myself I can understand. He will ride the "old" bike...it will just become his "hot rod" toy and the new bike will be for the both of you to cruise on... RIDE SAFE and ENJOY.

24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I bought a Harley and quit attending some of the car events as it was time to do something different,wont sell my 55 sunliner or 37 Chevy p/u due to being in the family for many years. I am still not attending all the bike events I want to as I cant get myself to quit going to the car events but when my girlfriend gets a better job and wont have to work on saturdays then the bike stuff will happen more.

25. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

I must admit that this Lincoln would look great on the East Coast. A very tempting opportunity....

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If more people would get naked and trashed at car shows would that make a difference?:D:D What about if your girlfriend could sit on the roof of your car and try to catch a hot dog in her mouth at a car show? C'mon!!!

27. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

First time I saw that Lincoln was at the James Dean Run. I believe Rob had spent the night repainting the hood after a msihap on the way to the show. Deb spent the whole day and I mean the whole day shining the car up. Prettiest Lincoln I ever saw.

Be careful on that new (or old) Harley kids.

Jim

28. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Hi Jim!!!! great to hear from you, wow that brings back memories. we had a road gator thrown up at us and couldn't avoid it. I thought it was going to come threw the windshield, but it dropped down at the last minute and all I could think about was the BIG chrome bumpers being trashed, and they were just chromed!!!

when we arrived at the cruise in we jumped out of the car and were looking at the bumpers, when someone says, hey man what happened to your hood :eek: :(. we had wanted to debuet the car at james dean that yr and and were just sick, but not defeated!!

We packed it up and headed home at 10PM pulled it into the body shop, fixed the hood, repainted it and headed back to the show at 7AM!!!! NO SLEEP..... Dean came down later that day and put the pinstripes back on her. and I cleaned :D....so turns out we won our class and some guy is complaining that he shouldn't be in our class because he cant compete with a trailered car!!!! really?? we don't own a trailer, our cars are driven where ever we go. so they procede to tell this guy the ordeal we went thru and he felt like an arse!!

Then much to our surprise we ended up with the glory of the show. She brought home the Dean Family Choice!!!!;)

29. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Thats Kinda far away :( LOL I'd need visitation rights
    your right it would be perfect for the East Coast

30. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

Awesome car, nuff said