Register now to get rid of these ads!

WOW Barn find, the Grecian, Barris

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terrarodder, Jan 8, 2010.

1. A lot of creative work.that was a crazy period for customs.All builders were doing this to their cars,but i hate to say it looks like something orange county choppers would build.

BrandonBerkosky01 likes this.
  2. U-235

U-235

Didn`t your mothers teach you : if you can`t say anything nice, then DON`T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

No, no, no....that was Bambi's father..

3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

The fins were madr from perferated metal and painted gold... they were put on for a movie roll that didn't happen and they were just left on... the earlier version is way better...

The headlight covers were done by Hirohata himself and "Spare" ones are now on John Slazars Stude Truck...
    [​IMG]

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Thats an ugly sob too. :D Sorry to step on toes.Breathe on it and the putty falls to the ground.

5. 54ChoppedCustom

54ChoppedCustom

I like the Yellow and Green paint Job with Fins.

6. 40FordTruck

40FordTruck

7. teejay99

teejay99

Yes Barris was a legend but ,personally , I thought most of his creations were way overdone , including this one . The Ala Kart was my fav.

8. Jessie J.

Jessie J.

George Barris was born in 1925. Lived through the days when cars were commonly 'customized' with cheap tacky accessory doo-dads mail ordered out of J.C. Whitney catalogs.
    Why would you think that his ideas of automotive enhancement or taste ought to jibe with yours?

9. verde742

verde742

Has any articles been written about the talents and life of Dick Dean?
    He was the plasma behind of lots of "creative individuals".
    Never really got credits that I am aware of..
    Any where? thanks