Register now to get rid of these ads!

WOW and some thank yous!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by river1, Sep 7, 2006.

1. river1

river1

WOW i just got back from the third leg of my summer vacation.

leg one was bonneville. i had the honor of helping hooley with his 53 stude that he set a record with. WOW that was fun. we got some great video of various runs and unfortunately i had to be back to work while he set the record.

leg two was the HAMB drags. it was my first HAMB drags and i didn't quite know what to expect. i do know that it exceeded any and all expectations that i did have. i got meet a whole bunch of HAMBers that i won't (can't) name at this time but you all know who you are. the best part tho was hearing my name called for the HAMB drag engine. i have to thank Ryan, Freddy, Glenn (Federal Mogul), Metalshapes, and especially Glen. Ryan for putting this board and the drags together. Freddy for building the engine together. Glenn for donating the parts for the engine. Metalshapes for hand making the bitchin air cleaner. finally Glen for haulin the engine back to the phx area for me. the reason glen had to haul it was they wouldn't let me take on the airplane as a carry on! at the drags i mentioned the i was going to put it in my 48 but i've changed my mind. i'm going to put it in a 29 model A tudor.

and finally leg three. i flew to Connecticut for a family reunion. all in all i was gone for three out of the last four weeks. i had a blast the whole time and i'm do back to work (reality) fri.

thanks to all

later jim

2. BLEH

BLEH

Wow...congrats Jim!

Good to see you on the salt again this year...I really enjoyed the peak from the cameras on Hooley's Stude.

Chris

3. Congrats Jim. Good talkin' to ya at the Drags.

(I still think that motor would look better in the HAMB Bomb :D )

Put it to good use.

4. FWilliams

FWilliams

glad you made it home O.K. Jim........ I will be sending out some paper work to ya , prolly early next week, I am on the mend from a minor mishap, so am a little behind.

if you need anything, dont hesitate to call.

Fred

5. Cword

Cword

Congrat's Jim!

How 'er you gonna fit that engine and you into a Model A? :D

Mike

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'd be wonderin' more like how's he gonna fit HIMSELF in a Model A?????:eek: :D xoxox

Congrats bud on the win! I think you should fill everyone in on just how lucky you've been the whole month....mainly to stop the rumors about why everyone been rubbing their bodyparts all over you lately.:D

7. Cword

Cword

8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Jim is a good guy, I'm glad he won the engine!
    Now, let's talk about those A's!!
    haha

9. MilesM

MilesM

Good to see you at the drags. I hope to see that engine in something rolling into cruise night some time soon.