Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects WOW an Update (#2) My '37 Chev truck build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K13, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Big Thumbs up from me...Really coming together nicely @K13...I sense Avatar update very soon...this last pic is almost a mirror of it...

The other stuff frustrating, but Rubber to the Road is much closer than the Horizon at this stage of the game...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    chryslerfan55, brad2v and Blue One like this.
  2. Well progress has slowed a bit as I needed a bit of a break after the mad thrash of trying to get it together for the show. I have been working on some interior stuff and some little things on the outside. Hood sides are almost ready to go on. I am waiting on the hood spears to come back from chrome which should be soon and then I can finish installing them. I am having some issues with the hood release so trying to figure that out. The side glass that I got with the truck seems to be a little too wide so need to get that fixed. So lots of little things continue to slow progress but it is what it is. I got the front bumper installed after some as per usual modifications. Anyways here is a quick pic with the hood side on sans spear, hood down, door closed, bumper on.

[​IMG]

Also I hadn’t mentioned it earlier but I wasn’t happy with the floor and trans cover so I redid those a while ago but that meant that I had to do some modifications to the carpet so got that done this weekend as well.

[​IMG]

So that is where I am at. Fall is fast approaching around here (leaves have already started turning) so I need to get back into gear again as I will need my garage back soon to get things packed away for the winter so hopefully progress should pick up again a little.

3. The hood sprears came back from the plater.
    20190908_101645.jpg
    20190908_101650.jpg

Barn Hunter, 54delray, Stogy and 7 others like this.
  4. Man once again I can't believe how long it has been since my last update. I have been slowly plugging along on the interior but doing a terrible job of documenting it. I have most of it installed. The headliner fought me like crazy. I had no idea what I was doing which probably didn't help. Once I installed the seat I decided it was too high and the back padding was too deep so I had to fix both of those problems. That meant that piece to cover between the floor and he seat had to be remade.
    20200411_152039.jpg
    20200411_152045.jpg
    20200411_152050.jpg

I have to get the door windows resized or remade to finish the door panels and then a few little bits here and there and it will be buttoned up.

I think I finally had something go my way this weekend as well as I pulled the flywheel covers and the oil pan and I think it is the rear of the pan that is leaking and not the main seal as there is no indication of any oil up around the main seal. I have since read that the back of the pan is hard to get to seal properly so I am hopeful that is what it is.

Hopefully I can be a little more consistent with updates but given my track record so far I won't hold my breath.

5. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

Looks good to me .

Stogy, LowKat and K13 like this.
  6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You probably have an abundance of shop time now like me.

7. I wish. My days are filled with retaking grade 3 at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That’s too bad, maybe you should have passed the first time ;):D
    Just kidding, enjoy the time with your family Ian and stay safe.
    The truck is looking good.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  9. HAHA sometimes I wonder if I did pass when I see what they are doing.
    Thanks Larry and you as well. Snowing again today so I should have some time.:(

Blue One likes this.
  10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I tried to think positive on the snow.
    At least I can get some fresh air blowing it away. :D

I’m going to see if Wayne’s upholstery shop is open this week to sell me some 1/4” sew foam.

Then maybe I can get some thread from Central sewing. Maybe.
    We’ll see.
    Happy Easter.

11. Looks great to me!

12. Still plugging along. I had a bunch of little things to do in the cab, Shift boot cover, spacer between the steering wheel and the column and carpet hold downs for the door sills.
    h7idc6gfefkk891oqk86kr3v86cdvx62.jpg s41ixve4yqfct1bdcuze39guy72jy25h.jpg dolabtqpw28wj7bbm9iugzcbwm1qatxe.jpg

Also working on getting the door panels finished, handles figure out etc. Having a bit of an issue with the latches so still have to work through that but the panels will look like this when done.
    1m82utzom0yzjxyq9nrdh5bbem2tals1.jpg
    I have also been working on my hubcaps so did a ton of work straightening and sanding them before sending them to the polisher and then once they came back I painted the center section.
    zkj2rqc7u3ek7f5fr8w9pxxak2fl8pjy.jpg 3uyoyn6smynzgl1q12qulmgfrddezo6t.jpg

Fighting with a wiring issue with the signal lights where one side keeps blowing fuses. I think it may be the switch but haven't completely narrowed it down yet.

And finally got my VIN assignment today so that is a pretty big step towards getting it on the road.

13. Well the interior is almost complete. I have a few little things to button up and it will be done.
    20200707_152102 (1).jpg
    Next I tackled the running board covers. I wanted white and the only thing I could find to use was pyramid floor runner so that's what I went with. 20200709_131836 (1).jpg
    Drivers side done.
    20200710_105435.jpg

Barn Hunter, 54delray, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  14. LAROKE

LAROKE

Thanx. Gave me the opportunity to check the fit of the fiberglass windshield hinge cover on another truck. I don't like the fit at the ends and I needed to see if mine was the only one that protrudes into the door opening.

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  15. 26Troadster

26Troadster

wow very nice truck.

Stogy and K13 like this.
  16. I noticed after I posted the picture that it wasn't all the way forward on the drivers side on mine so I have since adjusted it.

Stogy and LAROKE like this.
  17. Jason Kline

Jason Kline

Wow, what an amazing build! I just picked up a '37, I hope I can maintain my patience half as well as you have. Super nice truck!

Stogy likes this.
  18. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

lets see a picture of the 37

19. Well I took it for a short test drive this weekend. It is running a little rough so need to give it a tune up and I have a few little things that need fixing before it goes for a mechanical.

20. Turned out really nice.

21. Thanks.

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hows the tune up coming @K13?...you were right, it was running a little off...chugga chugga...You are probably all thru the shakedown issues by now...Hope your out and about leaf catching...Share some of your milestone pics with the fall splendor your way...Hope all is well as can be...it's still pretty crazy out there with all the stuff going on...

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hows the build coming @K13...it's been awhile...no pressure, I'm hoping you're enjoying the rewards of all your hard work...it really looks sharp...