Register now to get rid of these ads!

wow alright then

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by F1ZZY, Nov 14, 2010.

1. F1ZZY

F1ZZY
    from Gering, NE

so i intro myself and all i get is alot of old farts wining and complaining that my truck isnt good enought for a hot rod and that im dumb for posting my info. maybe not the place for me way to make someone feel welcome guys:confused:

2. Geez... Not again!

3. Why not just try to make a proper Intro? Read the Sticky, then fire away with your intro telling us why you are interested in Hot Rods and Kustoms, past and present experiences and future goals ,..............maybe?
    Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

4. Hey Fizzy... I just read your original post on the main board and I only saw a couple of negative posts, far more positive ones. Personally, I like them old binders. If your gonna stick around, though, ya need to get a little thicker skin. Enjoy the h.a.m.b...

P.S... I'm an "old fart" and damn proud of it!

5. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Actually FIZZY, your intro goes here, not on the main board ( no big deal). I read it, and I like your truck. Please understand that this board has been around for a long time now, and it's main focus is geared towards traditional hot rods and customs. Not to say that your truck won't fit this category, it's just a little off topic for the board. Best advise I can give is spend A LOT of time reading (the search function can be your friend), and then spend some more time reading. There is a wealth of knowledge and information here, enjoy.

6. oldman2

oldman2

Fizzy ... I feel the same as 1stGrumpy, there is to much to learn and enjoy on this site to let a few hurt your feelings. I'm also an FNG, but I've found so much on here to learn. Stick around.

7. 117harv

117harv

^^^^^X2, what Sinister said....welcome from Oregon.

8. big bad john

big bad john

..........I'am a old fart too........once in a while we dish it out.

9. F1ZZY

F1ZZY
    from Gering, NE

thanks guys for the feedback. i just dont understand why everyone whats to profile people into a category. i dont give a shit what ya drive it could be the most bad ass gasser ever mad or the loudest rice grinder we all love cars and if ya cant appreciate that you cant appreciate cars. as fars as the traditional hot rod and/or custom, kustom i dont understand the point of differentiating what a hot rod is. if i wanna put a v8 with a 5 speed in this truck, chop it, and slam it, what category would you put that under? I call that HOT RODDING!!!! No matter what

10. silent rick

silent rick

but what you fail to understand is, that isn't the focus of this forum. nobody said you can't do what you want and have fun, we want to keep the focus and original intent of this forum intact. the internet is very large. there's muscle car sites, streetrodder sites, ratrod sites, import sites, truck sites and on and on and on. don't get your panties in a bunch because we choose to focus on a narrow definiton of the cars we like. stick around and absorb as much info as you can, just don't go trying to change the focus of the board, there are better sites for stuff that stray from what we believe in

11. Oldfarts, Oldfarts, Hey most of us have the attitude that if you happy we happy!! Be happy, I know Grumpy and I are.

12. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Fizzy, I have a 38 panel, I never post it on here, sometimes I will post a part here or a part there to show a fellow non compliant a bit that can help him. I would say that fully 2/3 of the guys on this board are guys who have cars that are not compliant to the hot rod standard. This is all fully acceptable to me, I like the way this forum looks works and feels, I also like the topic matter and would not change a thing. You have to realize that you can still contribute even though you may not fit in all tight, and you can still get a lot of info ideas and find great shows parts and friends. Be patient, look at the content, it's worth the act of being humble. Learn how to work within it.