Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods would you save this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Los_Control, Dec 5, 2016.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It really grows on you. I don't think I am "greaser" enough to carry something like that off, you really need to be one of those guys that struggled through the seventies with a pack of Luckys rolled up in his sleeve and a slick DA...:D

timmy2times likes this.
  2. That's really not much of a "save" is it?
    Great parts chaser for a guy who's got a few ford engines under the bench

283john likes this.
  3. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

^ah...what?!

Geez, we've seem many a project here start with wwaaayyyy less than what ya got.
    Bury it in the barn as stated.
    I'd take it if I wasn't in Chicago.:mad:

4. scotts52

scotts52

How much time do you have? I live about an hour and a half away from you. Only problem is my work schedule and possible snow.
    Make it free to any HAMBer.

5. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

County Inspector was scheduled to be here at 10:00 am this morning, he called in sick and did not show. Will he show up tomorrow I do not know.
    We are fully complying with the inspector, we expect him to work with us also. Have already moved most all the cars and trucks.
    Maybe tomorrow, if the inspector shows up, he will tell us how long we have before he returns to see we got rid of the rest.
    Maybe this can happen, will reply tomorrow after I find out more. Uncle has a few others that he wants to keep, but the ones like this that are not complete, will need to go.
    Will pm you tomorrow.

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. Toqwik

Toqwik

I think it's cool and I would build it. Sucks these kinda things are half way across the world from me.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Wow just seen this thread and i want that mofo. To bad i have no truck to drag it home with and live 2 states south damit its has to be saved my friend.

Sent from my LGMS330 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Just to clarify about a price.
    I was told to find someone that would use it and not scrap it, they can have it.
    My uncle does not care if it is parted out, put back on the road or yard art.
    Just doesn't want to give it to someone that will drag it straight to the scrap yard.

I again apologize to the mods, if this is approaching a classified ad, just looking for ideas on how to expose the car to the right people, maybe this was all that was needed.

volvobrynk, czuch and kiwijeff like this.
  9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Party on Garth!!!!! Game on!!!!!

clunker likes this.
  10. I wanna see somebody get and resurrect this thing. Is the driver side as straight as the passenger? Just my opinion... but I would be more interested in driving this than the dodge truck in your avatar. Wish I wasn't 3/4 of a country away.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

My wife and my neighbors are glad you are too far away. That looks like the kind of fun mobile I like to tinker with.:D Raise the price. It smells like a scam when you ask less than scrap price. Good luck

12. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

How solid is it? What are the floors like? The tailgate appears to have some rust in the bottom, but the rear quarter looks really good. Good thing that it's so far away.....The last time that I asked these questions I bought a 41 Pontiac. LOL.

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. Was that the '41 that a fellow HAMBER was selling this summer? How is it doing? You gotta try to get this one too, c'mon you only live once! 1 day Uhaul and trailer rental !

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what kind of HAMB member would even say the word scrap when speaking of a car like that? I don't get it.

15. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

That's the one. So far, it's just in the parts collecting stage. Found most of the missing parts, including an original radio, rear arm rests, and a 48 Pontiac hood ornament. As long as the pan will clear the Nova sub-frame, it'll get a 302 GMC six with a T-5 5 speed out of an 85 S-10.

As far as any more cars, or trucks.......Someone else can save the Ford. I've no more room, time, or $$$.

P-9.png P-3.png P-7.png 1948 Hood Ornament.jpg

volvobrynk and clunker like this.
  16. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I think it has potential. As mentioned what shape are the floor pans? Does it have a title. Just too many current projects now to take on another.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

18. Glad you saved it. The dude seamed pretty distressed I remember.

19. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

so far is looking good, is 3 members interested in the old parklane, I sent first enough info to call and make a date to pick it up, I would love to be there and help load it, and will be.
    I then notified the second person to inform them if the first fell through, will contact them next.
    Sorry third person, but if the first two dont come get it, will contact you next :)

And you that would rather drive the parklane over my avatar ... Molly!
    I am making good progress on Molly, we going a lil artsty fartsy on the gauges, got the speedo done last week and working on the oil temp fuel gauges now.
    VIVA MOLLY \o/ !!!

Attached Files:

volvobrynk and 283john like this.
  20. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you should hide it from your Uncle and keep it. Please attempt to keep it from being scrapped. As others have said, someone surely needs or will need trim, body panels, or maybe the whole carcass to build. Someone could make it into a unique ride, but not if you junk it. KEEP IT ! ! !

21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There comes a time in every rodder's life when he/she needs to tell a lie for the benefit of vintage sheet metal, and THIS it the time. In Texas, there are dumb asses who place a blind salamander over human beings. These turds don't want it to become extinct. Well, I am super glad that dinosaurs no longer occupy our planet. Can you imagine how many old cars would have been destroyed if the salamander-loving idiots had been around back then ? Do the math. Save it. Hide it.

volvobrynk, williebill and kiwijeff like this.
  22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hate to say it, put me down as one that would drive the faux chero, but would pass on Molly!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    volvobrynk likes this.
  23. Squablow

Squablow

That's great that your uncle is willing to give the car away rather than see it get scrapped. Even just as parts, I could sell a grand worth of stuff off of that car in a week. If it wasn't several thousand miles away I'd be all over it, just for parts value.

I'm very surprised you didn't get a single interested party at $250 on Craigslist. The side trim alone is probably worth that if it's all there.

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. 141212\'55Mainline-copy.jpg - Aussie Mainline

Your thing'd look good with suitable glass. USA roof shape on yours is good.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  25. Looks like a good project with a lot of potential. I think a mild chop is a good idea as well as a mild channeling. After that a tuck and roll interior (I prefer black and white myself) finished off with a set of white walls on steelies with caps and rings

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

still looking good, trying to arrange a time for pickup, pretty flexible here so should work fine.
    But the weather does not want to co-operate. suppose to snow tomorrow and Friday, who knows over the weekend.
    I think it would make a great project. I really like the image that spoggie sent, nice roof on it.

27. raymay

raymay

The old Parklane could make a nice build. Some reshaping of the rear top and rear window areas to give it a better flow in my opinion would definitely improve the look. Ford started the Ranchero design in 1957 and Chevy with the Elcamino in 1959. Those models along with the Australian Utes would be a good place to start checking out to get design ideas.
    I did a lot of research on other builds and even built toy models before I came up with my design for a 56 Custom ElCamino build which like your Parklane started out as a 2dr Wagon. I few years ago I also met a guy who did a nice custom conversion with a little Ford Crown Vic influence.
    Your Parklane still has a lot of potential with the right owner. Good luck.

15.JPG P8152288.JPG IMG_0540.JPG IMG_0541.JPG

Spoggie, volvobrynk, kiwijeff and 4 others like this.
  28. scotts52

scotts52

29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If you were closer I would be interested in it.

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. If I was close it would be gone. I have a roof off a 57 Ranchero, that might fix the roof section.

Spoggie likes this.